How to start a club??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 04:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How to start a club???

Hello guys, I was wondering if any of you have started an off road club. I am looking to get one together in my area but am not sure how to go about it. Do I have to be registered with anything?? I dont want to just have a bunch of my friends just wheeling with nothing else......I want to be able to help clean and work on trails, and the community, local discounts would be cool too, but I mainly want some organization. If any of you have gotten a club running sucessfully Id be interested in hearing from you. Thanks alot in advance, and a good X-mas to all you jeepers.........cjshloman.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 05:34 PM
Veteran

Re: How to start a club???

Depends on how serious you are. Nothing stops you from having a casual club. However, if you are looking for a little more - United Four Wheel Drive Association has a booklet "how to start a four wheel drive club" they will send you for free along with info. on UFWDA. They recommend that you form a non-profit corporation to limit you & your members personal liability - this also includes having standards, bi-laws, etc. etc.

Best of Luck!
-Mel

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 05:55 PM
I Do This For The Glory

We started our own club a few years ago. I am the parliamentarian for the club, and helped setup the bylaws. We had about 20 founding members, which are now "charter members", but in title only, so special privileges. We are registered with the state, and the bylaws are on file there as well. We are a non-profit club, and donate time/money to local entities. The publicity has been so good we often have landowners approaching the club to ask us to ride on their land. We pick up trash, keep the roads open, and have a unique knowledge of the area should an emergency occur (fire, lost person, etc). I highly recommend checking with United FWDA, our club is a member there as well.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2000, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks alot guys, I really really appeciate the help. That is exactly what I am looking for. Im not looking for any money, just looking to spend some time in my vehicles and with my friends, but at the same time help to keep our trails open. Do you guys a number or web add for the united four wheel drive association, so I can contact them?? Thanks again. cjshloman........looking in ct.????

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2000, 06:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Count me in for membership cjshloman.
My friend RenegaDave will join too.
I'm in Hanover about 10 m. from you.
Meeting new people with common interests in this area is just what I'm looking for.
Private message me, I've got a new project CJ in the works and I need some stuff. I've got lots of parts, maybe we can trade ?
We know a few trails, but we're always lookig for something new.

CTjeepnut

Funny thing is, the more I practice, the luckier I get
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode