Thougts on SOA Rear axle only - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thougts on SOA Rear axle only

After almost completing my 4.3L swap (finally), the front end is sitting WAY WAY higher then the back end (and I don't have all the tools/spares/spare tire loaded) which is on very tired and sagged Superlift 4" springs.

I am pretty happy with the way the front springs work (or at least was), and have been thinking about going SOA on the rear only... for the time being.

Anyone have any pro's/con's about this idea? I'd probably have to mix and match to get the rear springs to level out things out... My CJ7 is running narrow track axles (D44/D30) on 33" Swampers.

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
http://www.tidesys.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 09:23 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: Thougts on SOA Rear axle only

I know of a few people running this way. It works well, they typically use YJ springs in the rear.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thougts on SOA Rear axle only

My roommate runs this setup, he has a CJ-7 with 4" Skyjacker springs under in the front and stock wrangler springs over the axle in the rear. He built a traction bar similar to the Sam's offroad one, and ramps over 1200 with 35" TSL/SX's. He also has a 2" body lift and major cut fenders. This setup works and rides great, but a traction bar is necessary, especially with a throttle body injected 401...bends rear axle housings though, he now has 1/2" tubes in his dana 44 rear. His Jeep flexes almost as good as my spring-over Wrangler with this setup.

1988 Jeep Wrangler, TBI Chevy V-8, 700R4, dana 44's, 4.56's, ARB's, 35x14.50 SSR's, Beadlocks, full cage, springover, hard and soft tops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode