Damn!Need softtop again.got wrong kindPLEASE! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Damn!Need softtop again.got wrong kindPLEASE!

I got a soft top from some guy who was posting on the forum..he said it was a late model cj-5 and I asked him if he had a jeep it went on..and he said a 76 cj-5 just like mine.I finally got the top today and it doesnt fit!The doors are the wrong kind too.(it has the paddle handles i think its for the early cj-5's.Well I posted to see if anyone has a used soft top and doors or who has a friend who has one thatwould fit a 76 cj-5(already have the hardware) and would be willing to sell it.PLEASE Email me!Im borrowing my stepbrothers soft top and he is going back to college real soon..and I'm hoping I dont have to start riding the bus for a while becuse the jeep is just too damn cold!
Thanks
Joey

If knowledge=power and time=money.. please donate all your time and knowledge to my jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 05:01 AM
Old Hand

Re: Damn!Need softtop again.got wrong kindPLEASE!

I cann't help with the wrong top problem,[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but here's how you can avoid riding the bus.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Give back the borrowed top and buy your self some really good gloves, boots, mad bomber hat or a full face helmet(for riding around w/windshield down) and a snowmobile suit(who needs heat) and you'll be the coolest guy around.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Except for the winter Harley riders. Those guys are dedicated.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

<font color=red>God</font color=red>,<font color=white>Guns</font color=white>&<font color=blue>Guts</font color=blue>
<font color=red>MADE</font color=red><font color=white>AMERICA</font color=white><font color=blue>GREAT</font color=blue>
<font color=red>I VOTE</font color=red><font color=white> TO KEEP</font color=white><font color=blue> ALL THREE</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 05:57 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

That's right! Just go to the mountains of Western NC and you may catch sight of one of the TRULY dedicated. They drive around up there in teh rain and sleet and snow without any top at all! I've seen these guys and they are tough! Besides, in my experience, a Jeep takes a long time to warm up, so you'll be wearing that suit and coat anyway!

fritz

Jeep...need I say more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

That would be insane to drive in the mountains!I bet thats cold!The thing that sucks about driving in the snow/rain is that you have to wipe out the inside of your windshield too!

If knowledge=power and time=money.. please donate all your time and knowledge to my jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode