coil and battery tray - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 11:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

coil and battery tray

Two question. First is I was wandering if the MSD blaster coil that is a direct replacement for the motorcraft coil is worth the money? Its the one that has the horshoe hookup. All you do is slide the old one out and slide this one in. From what I've read it is alot like the coil used in the upgrade it is epoxy filled but does it pack the same punch? Second one is I am needing a new battery tray and the ones in the catalogs show two supports ataching at the top of the battery. Mine only has two at the bottom and the one that bolts to the firewall. Am I missing something or is this an upgrade.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 11:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: coil and battery tray

My 82 CJ5 battery tray has 6 attach points. From the bottom - up: there are 2 tube supports that attach to the bottom of the tray (one nut & bolted and the other just a nut on a permanent bolt welded to the bottom of the tray). The tray itself has a flange on the rear which takes 2 bolts into the firewall. Finally, there are 2 straps (one on each side) from the front of the tray up at an angle to the firewall - these bolt to the firewall at the top of the staps.

Does this help?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 02:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks. I beleive the one closest to the engine has rusted off. Does the top strap closest to the fender bolt on to the tray or is it welded on like the one closest to the engine?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 03:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

They're both welded.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode