Bad experience with Jeg's and Holley Projectio - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 07:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bad experience with Jeg\'s and Holley Projectio

Just writing this post about my experiences with Jeg's High Performance and the Holley 2d Projection so others may know.

I bought the 2 barrel Holley Projection from Jeg's this summer and installed it. It was simple to install and initially ran great. I was very pleased with it's performance over my old Holley 4 bbl. After about a month of driving I started having problems with it. Through Holleys help I troubleshot it down to a faulty ECU and sent it back to Jeg's to be replaced. There is a 1 year warranty on all the components of the Projection system so Jeg's replaced the ECU no questions asked. The one they sent me back sure looked alot like the one I sent them but I couldn't be sure. (Holley does not remanufacture any of the projection components). Any way, I put the ECU in and drove for about a week and started having problems again. This time it was the relay shorting internally. I replaced the relay and then started my rebuild and the CJ was down for about 2 months. When I was ready to drive the CJ again the same old problems started with the projection again. Holley helped troubleshoot it once again to a faulty ground in the ECU randomly turning the pump off. Called Jeg's they said sure send it back and they sent me another ECU. The one I got back was definatly used this time. It had screw marks where it had been installed before and even had several rust spots on the back side. I gave it a shot but it didn't work either. The pump wouldn't come on and the injectors fired randomly. The pump does test fine and the rest of the install is correct.

I called Jeg's they said sure send it back, we'll send you another one. I said I would send the whole thing back and give me my money back. They didn't seem in the least bit concerned that I had been shipped to used, faulty ECU's.

I'm not writing this to slam Jeg's or Holley. Holley was very helpful but they don't sell to the end consumer. Jeg's was always prompt in getting me a new part, they were just sending me crap. I've ordered plenty of other stuff from Jeg's that has worked just fine. Just wanted everyone to know my experiences with them and the Projection.

P.S. While I'm venting, Steel Horse sucks too. The replacement body parts I got are flimsy and don't fit.

Thanks for listening,
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 08:32 PM
MarkF

Re: Bad experience with Jeg\'s and Holley Projectio

Just out of curiousity what engine did you put it on?

1986 CJ7, Chevy 350, D44/D30, more to come shortly
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 09:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Bad experience with Jeg\'s and Holley Projectio

It was a 304. Worked well with TR's upgrade...for awhile.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode