13,500 scanned posts later - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 01:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

13,500 scanned posts later

277 pages at 50 posts per page -13,500 posts. What an education - and it didn't cost me to learn. I just can't remember what I was originally started out to look for! What a incredible amount of knowledge in one place.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 01:20 AM

Re: 13,500 scanned posts later

That is a lot of posts, how long did it take to read through them, and did you learn anything usefull?

Jeff
89 YJ
If at 1st you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I found this BBS about 60 days ago - Did not read every post but did look at anything related to axle swaps, carbs or AMC V8 with autos Spent about 2-3 hours nearly every evening. Probably saved a ton of money by not going on a buying spree without the facts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 11:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Ditto on the buying spree. The plans that we had for our '79 CJ-7 SNOJEEP have changed drastically from what they were before we got on the Jeep BBS. We have gleaned SO MANY good ideas from this board that I could not begin to count them. We have also been put in contact with some real know-how both from factory trained guys and from self-taught geniuses. You would not BELIEVE the slick, dual-everything, ultra-reliability ignition system we got from the Southern Indiana ignition laboratories of TeamRush Racing; one of the posters to this board. This is really some ignition setup. If we don't burn every molecule of fuel, it will not be because we don't have an ignition system that sweeps out every corner of the combustion chambers. We are building a CJ-7 with 304 and TH400 auto with a modified Quadra-Trac transfer case specially for snow.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 11:49 AM

Teamrush...YOU need a commercial..with this guy in it!
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

If knowledge=power and time=money.. please donate all your time and knowledge to my jeep!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 12:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Heh heh......you should SEE this setup. It uses an automatic coil selector to collect the dual coil wires, and the distributor itself has opposing electronic pickups which connect to the dual modules. We haven't installed everything as yet but all the power connections have been provided for in the very-enhanced "Improved CJ" wiring system. Just ONE of the tricky parts of making a system like this was getting two opposing pickup modules at exactly 180 degree intervals, and still make it look as though everything came from the factory that way, which it certainly does.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Those gun-grabbing UN troops will never catch us now![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 12:32 PM

Ill bet if you could take all of the info and put it into a comprensive compendium of all the knowledge, including merging many of the redundancies, concluding most of the debates(or listing them as different viable options) and purging the discrepencies. You could have one of the most awsome Jeep maintenance and modification encyclopedias available. Of course that would be quite a bit of work.

Jeff
89 YJ
If at 1st you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 02:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That's absolutely right. I began keeping just the CJ-applicable ignition stuff, and transfer case stuff, ans some other topics, but soon ran out of binders to hold it all. One thing is sure, you can't store it as hard copy. It would have to be some sort of electronic "compendium"......new word for me.....to hold that much.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 06:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

As I went through the posts I did print out approx. 240 pages of facts I felt I "just had to have" - one of which is a very comprehensive outline for an ignition upgrade by - Yes - you got it - TeamRush. It will be my next upgrade when my Jeep arrives from Texas.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have also just finished reading through the short wheelbase board. it took 3 months here are the major points. I was able to go to the local pick yourself a part wrecking yard and acomplish the following on my 73 CJ5.
1. Upgrade to disc front brakes at a cost of $ 275.00
2. Upgrade to power steering and tilt wheel $ 100.00
3. Upgrade alternator 120 AMP $ 15.00
The education alone was invaluable there is just no way to put a price on it. Board members my hat is off to you for your inputs and wisdom. I took digital pictures of the above procedures and hope to get a home page soon for those that are intersted in the tech side.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode