WILLYS Jeepin - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

WILLYS Jeepin

hey doesn`t anyone run the old Willys jeeps on this thing? Where`s all the old school jeepers huh. Just gotta put my two cents in

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-17-2000, 11:50 PM
chasejeep7

Re: WILLYS Jeepin

You might find more action on the Full or Mid-sized forums. Otherwise, there are websites that are fully dedicated to Willys action like this http://mvpimages.net/willys/show.htm.

See Jayme ASAP
<font color=blue>C</font color=blue><font color=red>hase</font color=red><font color=blue>J</font color=blue><font color=red>eep</font color=red><font color=white>7</font color=white>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 09:26 AM

They are here!! Just because most of the topics here cover CJ,YJ,TJ. These are the ones mostlv driven on and offroad daily. The little flatties are mostly offroad or restored. Redbeard has a very nice one. You have a question on a flaty just ask. Some one will post back.
GP'n

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 06:30 PM

i have a 48 rebuilt by my father in-law in 75 from a big heep of parts LOL
org even running 16,6.50 co-ops on it

Trail Walking on Tenn Walkers , easyer that way [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 08:41 PM

I,m running a 46 and I am here daily but I do not think of it has a willy but as a early model cj
cj2a

<font color=red> brownbagg </font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2000, 11:33 PM

I've been given lots of good advice when I've asked questions on this board about my '57 Willis CJ-6.
Just mention the word "Willys" and the 'old Jeep guys' start comming out of the woodwork.

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2000, 12:43 AM

I have sort of a willys, at least that is what I call it......[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Everyone has to have a flatfender!

John
70 Jeepster with "Hurc package"
48 CJ-2A 225 V-6, SM465, D18, D44's, SOA on CJ springs, 35's, SHORT driveshaft [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
89 Wrangler 4 banger
98 Tacoma EC 6 cyl
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 03:11 AM
Nickmil

Willys? I like Willy's!
Here's a brief run down:
1959 CJ-5, pwr stg, 4 wheel discs, full floater rear (before Warn built a kit), 231 Buick V-6, Wide ratio Saginaw 4 speed, modified 18 transfer, dana 44 front,5.38 gears, lock-rites f&r, 33" tires, 12,000 lb. Koenig PTO winch, maxed a 23 degree ramp, lots of other odds and ends, endo'd and rolled in Memorial Coliseum in front of 10,000 screaming people (still fixing damage), former racer with lots of trophys, now very ugly trail rig with added rock scars. First to get called on rescue missions.

In process, 1959 CJ-6,
Scout Terra frame shortened 13", TBI Chev 350, NV4500 w/6.34-1 first, modified Jeep 300 transfer w/twin sticks, spring over, knuckle over steering, Scout axles (front w/chev centersection for springover and added caster), ARB's front and rear, 5.38 gears, '74 CJ nose, K&N, Braden PTO winch front, M8000 Warn Rear, Warn floater in rear, Warn alloy shafts in front, M38a1 combat tilt out windshield, Bestop trailmax pro seats, VDO gauges, SW speedo, '86 Cherokee tilt column, intermittent wipers, 36x12.5x15 Swamper radials, modified Xenon flares, ETC.

'52 M38a1 race Jeep, Engine dyno'd 550 hp, BW T-10, 20 transfer, 44 disc brake open diffed front, Dana 44 spooled rear, 5.38 gears, rotten body just came off and getting '61 DJ-3a body with proper 12pt cage, fun, fast, and ugly(not me, the Jeep,well, ok, me too)
Nickmil.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 07:19 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Hey Nickmil, what did you take off the Scout frame? I am assuming the "Terra" is the same as the "Travelall"? Why not just use a Scout II frame? Are you going to run the D60 semi-floater or just the D44? I am keeping conversion info in the back of my mind for my future swap to a Scout II frame if needed (I have 3 of them, perfect shape).

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 10:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Jeepn,
A Scout Terra looks a lot like a Scout II but is longer. Some of them have a half-cab configuration and were used like a pickup. It is actually nothing at all like a Travelall. The relationship of Scout II and Terra is like CJ7 and CJ8.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode