Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   ProComp MT tire opinions wanted (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/49359-procomp-mt-tire-opinions-wanted.html)

MarkF 12-15-2000 09:49 AM

ProComp MT tire opinions wanted

I'm thinking about getting the 35" ProComp MT tires for my 86 CJ7. Can I get some opinions on them. There is a 4 for 3 sale going on now.

Thanks
Mark F

**DONOTDELETE** 12-15-2000 10:12 AM

Re: ProComp MT tire opinions wanted

Where are they selling them? I haven't heard anything good or bad about them, but I'm willing to give them a try..That is, unless someone talks me out of it...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.

**DONOTDELETE** 12-15-2000 10:23 AM

I have a set of the 33" muds from procomp. I've only been
wheeling with them three times. but I'll have to say that so far i'm really impressed. I really like the siping in the center tread, and the warranty is awesome to boot.

Tom

CJ money pit 12-15-2000 10:26 AM

I run 33" procomp mt. I like them, the composition seems pretty soft, and they grip the rocks well. I do believe that they will wear faster because of this. this is the consensus also among a couple of other members in my club that run them. It doesn't bother me, as my jeep sees very little road use. I would buy them again.

Max

dealing with your Jeep obsession;
the steps - recognition
denial
acceptance?
uhh...screw it, lets go wheelin'

MarkF 12-15-2000 11:07 AM

They are on sale 4 for 3 at Four Wheel Parts Wholesaler, per their add in their magazine. The sale ends 12/22.

Mark F

**DONOTDELETE** 12-15-2000 11:15 AM

The question is, how much do they charge for shipping...???

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.

Jeeper99xj 12-15-2000 10:11 PM

I think they are worth it, they are pretty similar to the bfg, and cheep something like $129 for a 33x12.5R15 Pro Comp mud vs $142 for a 33x12.5R15 bfg mud form 4wheelparts . I think they are worth it it's $387 for 4 pro comp muds if there's a 4 for 3 deal and $586 for 4 BFG muds, think about it you could get a front bumper and fog lights and 4 new tires or new tires your choice.
Barrel Roll

'95 YJ Totaled!
Now All I have is an insurance Claim :( !