Can not post from work, home OK. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Can not post from work, home OK.

I know it was discussed here before but no real solution was found in past posts. I can post from home but not from work. When I click "continue" it takes forever then says "site can not be found". I know others had this problem too but any solutions popped up? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 08:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Can not post from work, home OK.

No help here, but thought I'd throw this in. I still can't post from work either. I asked our computer people, and they haven't recently set up any special firewall stuff.

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/M.O.R.E. shackles and lots of ideas!

Have you kissed your JEEP lately?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 09:28 PM
sas87yj

and i would think you being a computer programmer could figure this one out![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i have posted from work but not under my identity as sas87yj. one of my co-workers signed on the toyota board and the other day i responded to a thread and it displayed me as his name. i will try to sign on tomorrow- i bet i will have to enter my password. did you try this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 12:42 AM
Old Hand

Just a guess[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]but maybe your boss wants you to work on what he/she hired you to do and not worry about your Jeep while your at work.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I'm just bustin your chops a little,[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]and rubbing in the fact that I'm having no problems posting from work,[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] The only problem I'm having is that I'm running out of patience waiting for my first SNOW!!!!!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Donnie

<font color=red>God</font color=red>,<font color=white>Guns</font color=white>&<font color=blue>Guts</font color=blue>
<font color=red>MADE</font color=red><font color=white>AMERICA</font color=white><font color=blue>GREAT</font color=blue>
<font color=red>I VOTE</font color=red><font color=white> TO KEEP</font color=white><font color=blue> ALL THREE</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 02:04 AM

I'm getting sick of this damn snow!I've been out of school for 3 days but its getting kinda old having to switch from 4 to 2 every few minutes![tounge]

If knowledge=power and time=money.. please donate all your time and knowledge to my jeep!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 03:06 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Can't seem to post on Windows NT computers (networked -- for those who aren't going "I know that"). At home I often have to push back and retry posting. This sucks. Something must change.

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 08:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

did you try relogging in? I notice that my home PC (windows 2000 pro) keeps my info saved and i have no problems but i notice that my Jeephics PC (windows 98) doesnt and i have to re log in everytime i go there.

try that

[b]Boston Mangler
CJ7 With A Bunch Of Goodies
See It At:
http://ct-web.unh.edu/yankeetoys/kspeicher/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 10:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Joey, Joey, Joey.......THIS is why you need QUADRA-TRAC DRIVE; more specifically, you need QUADRA-SNO DRIVE; thats a Quadra-Trac modified by the moonguys to totally-open center differential.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Nothing touches FWD open center in snow! In our ZJ with the 242 case in open center FWD we drive RIGHT BY the Blazies and the Exploders, the Sue-Boos and the Yo-Toos. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2000, 11:15 AM

I'm one of the network admins here at work and this all may be a few things. First, I bet a few of your company's have not setup firewalls since it is a pain, and we usualy have a lot better to do with our time. If you work for a large company, i bet they have restricted some of your access.
The problem with being at work and showing up under someone else's name would be a cache server. They keep web pages/images/stuff like that stores in mass storage devices so that access apaers to run faster.
If it's slower at home, then you probably have a slower connection at home and a very good one at work.
hope this is some help

'74 CJ5/5.9L Holley 4bbl/3spd/31"/not running
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode