Bought a 2000 TJ, need lift advice - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bought a 2000 TJ, need lift advice

I happily and sadly just got rid of my YJ for a 2000 TJ Sport with a D44, air, etc. I'll miss the old beast, but a new day is here for me, and I'm ready to start wrenching on the new TJ already. I will wait until spring to do anything to it, but I want to gather info on different brands of lifts. It seems that Teraflex and Rubicon Express are the big dogs for TJ lifts, but what about some other brands, like Superlift or Full Traction?
Has anyone had any experience with the full traction lift? Here's a link to the site:
http://www.full-traction.com/jeepliftsystem.htm
The price seems pretty good, but I know nothing about them. They're a division of Calmini, which I know is big with Samurai guys. Any opinions would be appreciated on what lifts you guys have, and what you would/wouldn't do different now that you look back. Thanks alot! Mark H

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 02:00 PM

Re: Bought a 2000 TJ, need lift advice

I'm curious about the quality of the full traction S/R for my cj? It claims an additional 2" lift while being fully bolt-on. I have a Calmini S/R with 3" National springs right now on my Samurai and the ride improved tremendously w/the addition of the S/R and I would love to do it to my cj if it is a quality product. Anyone have any experience w/this company?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 05:27 PM

ttt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 05:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mark, I can fully recommend Tera Flex products. I have the 3" system and a fixed yolk conversion. It works great and is quiet. Get the 4" lift if you plan on packing alot of equipment and start adding heavy bumpers, winch, etc... I wish I got the 4" since the spring rate is higher. Also have a friend that had the old style flex arms with the external boots. He broke the end where the bushing sits and Tera Flex warrantied it with no questions (actually upgraded to new style for a few $$).

I have heard that the normal arm Rubicon Express lift is noisy (clunks etc)and their customer service is non-existant. The long arm kit has been getting rave reviews, but the cost is better than $2,000.

Think big. If you do a small lift you will just change your mind and your wife or girl friend will be upset since you want to spend MORE money on the darn Jeep.

'98 TJ Sport, 31" BFG's (for now), Tera 3", No-Slip in the Dana 44, Turbo City engine mods, etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 02:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i Agree with Rangerrick. the Teraflex is the way to go. See Project TJ (trailJeep) photo above...

mike

Give me Jeep or Give me Death!!!

(Will trade functioning organs for CJ-7 or flatfender)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-282952-TJ2.jpg (39.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode