Insurance Rates!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Insurance Rates!!

Okay, I just got my bill for 6 month for my YJ. They want over $230 a month! How much is everyone else out there paying? I know it's cause I'm an 18 yr old male with a 4x4. Just thought I'd check...

"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 07:34 AM

Re: Insurance Rates!!

I pay $118/month, but I have a stated value policy that says if someone else wipes out my ride I get $7k. I am 28 w/no tickets in the last 5 years. 84 CJ7 LAREDO

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 07:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

$250 a month from Joe's-Back-Alley-never-pay-a-claim-if-you-had-one insurance. I have a clean driving record except for 2 NOT AT FAULT accidents that insurance companies like to ream me for. I hate insurance companies with a passion[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Travis

Jeeps, Jeeps everywhere but not one that runs[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm paying $38 per month (liability only)through American Family. I think they quoted me $81 per month for full coverage. Including full glass. Don't need it though, the Jeep is pretty much a beater. Any more damage would probably improve it's looks. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 08:40 AM

I'm paying $ 89.00 a YEAR for liability on my 'classic' CJ-6!

Thought I'd throw that in there .... just to rub it in ..

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 01:01 PM

mine was getting ready to go down to 420 every 6 months in 8 months..but I backed into a car and they raised it up 230 every 6 months..DAMN!!

If knowledge=power and time=money.. please donate all your time and knowledge to my jeep!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 04:41 PM
Veteran

I pay on the average $140 a month for both the TJ and Yukon. Included in that is my wifes $5000 wedding ring and also renter's insurance. The TJ and Yukon both have full coverage with the lowest possible deductions on everything. For the deductions, I learned my lesson a few years ago when my first 95 YJ had the stereo, scanner and amplifer stolen and I had a $500 deductable. From then on I lowered all my deductables to $0 and $50 for collision(the lowest I could go). It doesn't raise your insurance cost that much for doing that. Of course I've been with the same company for the past 17 years, that doesn't hurt either.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=red>
Semper Jeep<font color=black>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 10:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

$230 a month is what an 18 year old male with a Jeep has to pay. Most companies won't even insure 18 year males to drive one. Around here, guys your age like to go wheel'n at night while consuming mass amounts of beer. These are the guys that make you pay so much for insurance.

Good Luck!
Kriss

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 11:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

At 18 I had an 89XJ and was paying 130 a month. Liability only from State Farm. Now at 21 with a 95XJ I pay 80 a month from the same place for the same coverage. I think full coverage right now for me would be about 110 a month.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 12:20 AM
Addict

Yes that is the curse of "under age driving" as my insurance agent used to say. I had a 72 Blazer then that was going to be $650 per 6 mo back in the mid 80's for minimum state coverage. Today, my 78 CJ7 starts at $28.50 per month for the minimum state required stuff, and $88 for "full coverage" which means absolutely nothing more than paying for the tow truck to take it to the scrap yard I am sure! Don't worry, you will age fast enough!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode