Should I buy another CJ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Should I buy another CJ?

Should I buy another Jeep?
There is a jeep I have found for $1000, it is an 84 CJ-7 with no title a blown engine and a rusty tub and windshield frame. The frame has surface rust but is in good shape the front clip is in very good condition. It has a T-4/Dana300 combo. It appears to be mostly stock and has around 90k miles on the odometer. I have located a running 258 with new accesories from an '86 CJ7 and a T-5 for around $500. So for around $2000 I could make a running CJ-7 that needs a new tub and windshield frame and doesn't have a title. What do you guys think. Am I just Jeep Crazy? I am actually thinking about doing this. Or should I save my $2000 and do more upgrades on my current CJ-7?

One Jeep is not enough......

http://home.off-road.com/~tom85cj7/home.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Should I buy another CJ?

Do you need to ask? Will it cause marital discord? Do you need a push? What could give one more pleasure than providing life and guidance for this neglected soul? Its better than childrearing in many ways, and they're happy to live in the garage. Take a chance, take a small leap. Remember always; Its not a destination...Its a journey! God bless America and the Jeep CJ. Good luck!

76 CJ5,2.5" lift/Rancho 9000's,258/T-177/D300,HEI,Offy,Locked F&R
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

$1000.00 Seems to high for a Jeep in that condition with out a title. If it had a title then maybe, but without a title no way! I just talked to a guy tonight who is selling a 1978 CJ7 with a title and a good running 304. He slid off the road and through a ditch and broke the frame on both sides just in front of the tub. I have been looking at waggoneer's for an engine swap and almost bought one except my wife's 96 ZJ needed repairs and there went my money. Long story to get to this point. Sorry! The guy with the CJ7 wants $250.00 and I offered him $175.00 for it. He will let me know tomorrow. I'll get the money somehow. Keep looking as I see running Jeeps with title's for $1000.00 all the time.

BLk83CJ7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 08:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey TOM I have a T-5 you can have for 200.00......See you saved 300.00 alraedy! This new Jeep is SAVING you money![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 09:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If nothing else get another just so your other Jeep won't get lonely. My Commando lives in the backyard with my old 51 Willys utility wagon so they don't get lonesome. My poor Heep however has to share the garage with a Saturn[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I'm worried it may be a bad influence but once you have the sickness as bad as I do you put your new friends wherever you can. I wouldn't mind having those Saturn seats migrate over to the Heep though. They do have really nice side support[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. $1000 bucks does sound a bit high to me too. I drove my old CJ5 home with title in hand for $400, I also bought my current M38A1 in semi running shape for $430 with title. If you keep hunting you can probably find a less expensive stablemate for you Jeep.
Travis

Jeeps, Jeeps everywhere but not one that runs[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img].
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

definately see if you can get a title first. it won't do you any good with out one. $1000 is too much without a title and being in the shape it is in.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
efi351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35tsl's/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 09:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i've got a np435 tranny with a 6.69to1 first gear that would make a good swap too. i live in springtown tx so i'm not too far. i want $200 if you get it and are interested.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
efi351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35tsl's/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 10:18 AM

I wouldn't pay even half that price....
You'd be buying a lot of pain for too little Jeep.
Pass, and find a better deal, a better Jeep, and one with a title.

JAF
http://www.monsterslayer.com/jeep
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2000, 12:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd go back to the owner of the CJ-7 and offer him a $100. if he wouldn't take it on the spot I'd give him my phone number.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2000, 07:00 AM
Can't Get Enough

My wife said that if I buy another Jeep she would leave me...........boy I'll miss her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode