Need Shock HELP PLEASE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 02:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Shock HELP PLEASE

I have an 87 wrangler with a 4inch pro comp lift and 1-3/4 shackles I need new rear shocks because the ones that are on thier are in really bad shape, but the problem is I need new ones by thursday and do not know which ones to get how do i figure out what size i need and i am looking at the rancho RSX any seggestions

I need help
Thank You
Corey

1987 Wrangler
350 TPI
7 inch lift and 35's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 02:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need Shock HELP PLEASE

I think the ones that came with the pro crap lift are approx. the same as the rancho 5000 series. Don't know about the RSX. Most people here will agree the best shocks to get would be the Rancho 9000 adjustables. But I wouldn't get just rears, I would get all four. They would really improve the ride.Just my $.02...

Tommy B. in AZ -
More Guts than Brains.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 04:08 PM

I'd go for the 9000's if you had the green, and then if you even have some more green I'd get the incab controler, it will make your life easier. They are worth it, if you need shocks by thurs and can't find a shop close by call 4wheel parts, they'll have them in stock even though they might not have the best price.
Barrel Roll

'95 YJ Totaled!

Currently looking for a 16 year old jeep chick with a jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are you looking for a smoother ride? I mean with those procomp springs no matter what shock you get the ride will not improve that greatly... A few members in our club had this discussion on my CJ.... I decided to buy the RS5000s instead of forking out the cash for the 9000s.. Also do yourself a favor and get the whole set not just the rears.. The size should be a for a 4in lift..

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'78 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 07:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

mm.. i had a pro comp 4" lift.. and thought it was great.. soft.. flexed well.. all lifts at first will be stiff.. you need to get out and use them to soften them up.. i myself would never run another shock except for the 9000's.. had those 5000's once.. way to stiff.. the adjustables.. you can set to your liking.. they were so good.. i took the sway bar off the front.. and just ran them on 4.. couldnt tell it wasnt there..
go 9000's.. you wont be sorry.. and if you want to do some work.. i would try to flex out your ride.. and measure.. from extended to compressed.. and get a shock made for that.. not just a standard 4" shock.. since you also have that shackle lift..
all depends on how much you use it.. and how good you want this to work..

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode