tj is totaled (open for suggestions) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 11:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

tj is totaled (open for suggestions)

my friend had a tj and was in a accident (not his fault) I am in the works of buying it (the price is right) here is what is wrong with it
fenders twisted
hood mangled grill mangled
tub corner was scuffed abput 2 inches (a diamond plate corner would cover it) (other than that tub is mint)
top scuffed
front rim bent
control arm was bent on one side DO YOU think the it bent the frame if the control arm was BENT?
windshield frame (glass is good) seperated at welds but can be used no problem! it is going to have a salvage title.

I am open for on ideas on this how much is a new nose?
I also have a good yj tub how hard would it be to adapt
a yj tub and cj nose to the frame of a tj?
How much is the Tjs tub worth?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 12:05 PM

Re: tj is totaled (open for suggestions)

I would keep the tj together, and sell the other tub and nose, that way you have less fabricating to do. You could get a front clip from a junkyard. Even if the frame is bent, you could take it to a frame shop to have it straightened for not too much cash. That would make a kick ass trail jeep, cause you wouldn't have to worry about keeping it nice, since it was already messed up. Good luck with your project, and let us know what you decide.

Lugnut 77 cj5
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 12:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the input
would still persuade me to keep the tjs sheetmetal if i told you that i will have to go through the problem of reinspecting a totaled jeep and pay about 1000 dollars for the sales tax? if i used cj nose i would use my cjs title to.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 03:01 PM

$1000 just for sales tax? Then you must be paying at least $12k for a salvage title jeep? That sounds high to me. What year is it? Does it have the 4.0? I guess you could use the cj nose and your title but I don't know about the legality of that.

Lugnut 77 cj5
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 03:16 PM

Are you sure you can get the TJ, I know for my '95 YJ that just got totaled before t-giving Alstate wouldn't let me buy it back. They said it would have to be made before 92 and I could buy it back. Just be careful, insurance knows they can get some serious dough from it. you might be better off with a YJ if it is in bad shape and the frame has major problems. Look at the frame for any cracks also you could probably sell off some of the parts for some extra money but be careful, and if looks are your thing I might look at something else.
Barrel Roll

'95 YJ Totaled!

Currently looking for a 16 year old jeep chick with a jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode