How much lift for 32's??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How much lift for 32\'s???

I have an 87 YJ Wrangler, and I have added a full length leaf in the stock spring pack and that has added about 1 inch of lift. I have a 2 inch body lift that I'm planning on putting on also. So I'll have about 3 inches of lift. Is this enough for some 32 inch tires? I hope it is because I have already bought the tires. The reason I did this was because someone told me that all I would need was 2 1/2 inches of lift for 32's. But I saw Wrangler with no suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift and it only cleared 31's with about 2 1/2 to 3 inches between the tire and the fender flare. So I'm really worried if my combo is going to work or not...can someone please help....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How much lift for 32\'s???

Typicly, 31" tires will "fit" with no lift at all - they just rub if ou ever turn a corner. Also, a 4" lift is usualy enough for 33" tires. (seems to be the norm on suspention charts) The 1' suspension and 2" body lift you are planning seems more than enough to me. Just watch that the front tires don't rub the springs or frame at full steering lock with the wider rubber. You may need a different back spaced wheel or... dare I say it... spacers.

'88 Sahara
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 12:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I fit 33" with 2.5" of lift so ya you will be fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 10:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have the 2 1/2" Old Man Emu springs and another 1" of shackle lift in front. I regularly crash my 31s into the top on the fenders. Having said that, until you actually see the OME springs flex, you wouldn't believe what they are capable of.

Ron R. - 90 YJ w/ good stuff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

I have an '87 YJ also with a 2" body lift and 32" BFG ATKo's and they fit fine. The only time i hit the fenders is if i make a real sharp turn. BTW, I am talking about on road, not off. I am planning on at least a 2.5" suspension lift this spring to be able to get off road some this summer. But if you plan on staying on road, the 32's will fit fina under 2" of body lift. Hope this helps.

Donny

1987 YJ 258 I6, 5 Speed, TFI Upgrade, MSD 6A
1999 Cherokee Sport, Stock
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 04:03 PM

I ran 30's on my '95 w/ no lift they only rubbed during real tight turns (parking). I know a guy that fits 31's w/ a 1" body, you will probably be fine, you will probably rub during tight turns and when the bars are disconected offroad. Another option would be tj flares, you would then be able to hack away a ton of sheet metal. I'll probably fit 31's w/ 2 1/2" on a yj when i get a new one (1" aluminum home made body, 1 1/2" home made shackle) and not have much rubbing if any. Go for it, what's the worst that can happen yu'll have to trim sheet metal.
Barrel Roll

'95 YJ Totaled!

Currently looking for a 16 year old jeep chick with a jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode