my unstoppable tj..now pics! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

my unstoppable tj..now pics!

once again this weekend i wheeled long and hard in my wifes tj. it did every trail at uwharrie, and hardly even needed to back up. no winch, no limited slip, no lockers, stock 30" tires. it went anywhere i pointed it, and the computer makes you look good by keeping it running smooth while crawling.
thats the good news...heres the bad...when wheeling your wifes $23000 jeep, you might want to be a bit more carefull...first i tore off one of the stupid plastic bumper corners in the back.. oh well.. took them both off.. looks better anyway....then it was her turn to drive, after she drove a couple trails without me in the jeep, the front fender mysteriously got pushed in a bit...looks like it will pull out, but the paint is cracked a bit.she swears she didn't do it....but hasn't blamed me yet... the undercarriage looks like i drove through a minefield, the pretty rims are getting pretty beat up. maybe i should throw some lift on the poor thing...nah..

~~Elusive~~
tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie safaried..watch for improvements soon[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj, 4.0, dana 44, nv3550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: my unstoppable tj..now pics!

lots of pics of us
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...904&a=10400874

~~Elusive~~
tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie safaried..watch for improvements soon[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2000, 11:27 PM

Cooool, I usually just borrow my dads Buick Lasaber, for those kinda trails. But I suppose a TJ could do almost as well if driven cautiously, hahahaha. Just bustin your chops buddy, looks like you had a good time. I spent the whole weekend shmooozing with our company CEO(contract renegotiation time),out in Central Ca. It was actualy pretty cool, did a lot of hot tubbin and swilled much alcohol. But your trip looks a lot more fun. I think we are gonna run down to the Hammers next weekend.

Jeff
89 YJ
If at 1st you dont succeed, your replacement will try and try again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 09:22 AM
Robert87yj

Glad to see Pat got his orange monster out there. Looks like you guys had some fun.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
Process of a moonguy after beer
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 05:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hehehe.. yep.. the "Great Pumkin" has risen.. and did just fine.. well after that first trail.. i now have all winter to fix the bugs.. whoo hooo..

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-11-2000, 11:06 PM

Who owns the Yellow CJ5???...Glad to see that I am not the only one that has my tank under the drivers seat...Now only if I could get that much flex...Hard to do with stock Heavy Duty spring packs that have 9 or so leafs in them...

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
T-14 3-speed, D18 XC, Warn OD
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You know, I was looking at that underseat tank also. Looks like it's an add-on. The Jeep has a post-71 front clip and they came with the tank under the rear floorboard. That thing has pretty good flex for a narrow-springed narrow track! Mine would be on the verge of waving with one tire off the ground while that one has all four planted firmly.

'75 CJ5,258 w/Howell EFI,T18a,4.27's,33's,On-board air,Warn 8274
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 01:01 PM
Robert87yj

Some bugs, huh?
Hopefully not too many...

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
Process of a moonguy after beer
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 02:52 PM
Addict

I know that pics don't always do justice, but those trails look exactly like the ones in GWNF in western VA! I am glad I didn't drive all the way down there to do those trails! I could be wrong, but the trails there look a little more flat than the ones in western VA and WV too. If you ever end up stationed at Quantico/8th&I/Henderson Hall/HQMC/Pentegon/etc . . ., you will have some trails just like this about an hour away. Is Tellico alot tougher?

Happy Anniversary and Thank You to the Frozen Chosin Marines!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-12-2000, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

uwharrie does NOT!!compare to tellico...we only go to uwharrie when we are desperate to go wheeling.. it is pretty dull in our serious trail rigs. it is a good place to take a vehicle out for the first time.. my wife likes it in her stock tj....

~~Elusive~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode