Heater Upgrade - Blower Part Number - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 10:22 PM
BugSheriff

Heater Upgrade - Blower Part Number

For anyone interested:

I did the blower motor upgrade today (works great) and wanted to post the part number I used. The shaft on this blower was the correct length and needed no modification. I bought it Kragen and it only cost $16.50. I told them I needed the blower motor for a '73 Blazer with a 350. He said that his computer showed it was the same motor for both with and without A/C.

The brand of motor was called Magnum Performance. It is manufactured by SEIMENS and is Seimens part number PM102E. There was another sticker on the box (I am assuming Kragen or their supplier put it on) that said Factory Air with part number 35587. I am assuming that the 35587 number is Kragen's number as that is what shows up on the receipt. The actual motor just had a sticker on it that said Seimens PM102E.

Hopefully this will help someone...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 10:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Heater Upgrade - Blower Part Number

I predict you'll do well here, and you'll do well with your jeep. Because you're methodical and patient and thorough.

I was so whacked by the time I went through three or four motors that almost fit, that, when I got the right one and got it installed and working, I just popped another Coors, threw the receipts and the box away and kicked back. After the trash was hauled off it occurred to me how handy that part number would be to the next guy.

So I predict you'll do well.

<font color=blue>45-auto
Bone stock '81 CJ7.</font color=blue>
"You can always see it coming. But you can never stop it."
-- Cowboy Junkies.

http://www.televar.com/~bthomas/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2000, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello BugSheriff!

I am about to do this mod, as my blower is dead, and looks like it has been dead for many years. Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

Happy Jeepin'

Turtle

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2000, 02:46 PM
BugSheriff

Glad to help out Turtle. Pretty easy upgrade, just takes a little time. I also changed the heater core and it took me about 3 1/2 hours. To give me more space and see what I was doing, I removed the front passenger seat and the battery and tray. To enlarge the hole I cut a stencil of the new hole out of cardboard, traced it on the firewall, used a small hand hacksaw to make a bunch of cuts out to the stenciled line, and just bent the tabs out into the engine compartment. There is no need to cut the tabs off except for looks.

45 - I was so disappointed when I finished the project because I went to the fridge to reward myself with a nice cold Coors and I was out! For some reason the 20 box of longnecks just doesn't last as long as it used to.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2000, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

BugSheriff-

Yeah. Especially when my sons-in-law are around, the Coors seems to evaporate. Now if I could figure out why aluminum cans vaporize along with the contents. . .

<font color=blue>45-auto
Bone stock '81 CJ7.</font color=blue>
"You can always see it coming. But you can never stop it."
-- Cowboy Junkies.

http://www.televar.com/~bthomas/index.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 03:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep, I've already got a new heater core ready to go in. No need to tear into the heater without replacing the core. I want to get it done right once and for all. New hoses too, by the way.

I've noticed the Coors seems to disappear rather quickly around my house when my son comes home from college with all of his buddies. A fridge full of cold Coors Light is the first tool I make sure is in place when I start a job on my Jeep. I can only imagine the grief you felt when the fridge was empty after a successful job. The horror, the horror...

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name."
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2000, 06:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just finished the blower upgrade. I was skeptical at first, but now all I can say is wow! I had a couple of hours to kill, so I just got busy. Looked around the house for a template for the hole, and right off the bat found that the strainer from the kitchen sink is 3 1/8" in diameter. Perfect! Centered it over the original hole, and cut it with tin snips. Wasn't too hard at all. Bolted it right in and slammed the heater assembly back in place. Total time - 2.5 hours - including testing it out and bringing in a couple armloads of firewood. I highly recommend it.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode