Best 2.5 inch Lift springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 11:49 PM
Wrangler88

Best 2.5 inch Lift springs

who out there has a set of 2.5 inch left springs? whats a good brand to go with? i don't want to spend a ton but would also like to get some flex out of it...does anyone, superlift, rancho or anyone just sell the springs themselves i don't need to get the shocks with it, anyway thanks a lot!
have a merry jeepmis..

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 12:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Best 2.5 inch Lift springs

I did the el cheapo' fix because my rear springs couldn't support the weight of the jeep with passengers or even my lunch cooler anymore without bumping when it shouldn't. Rancho has an add-a-leaf that give you 2 1/2". I'm happy with mine so far... Easy to install, after short-cuts...

CJ

Rusty beat-up old junker with many problems.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 12:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

We put a 2.5" Skyjacker lift on my bosses '95 YJ and it rides and flexes great! His wife drives it most of the time and I've never heard her complain about a bad ride. I think the kit just came with springs/bushings/U-bolts. He added the Skyjacker "Nitro" shocks. If your springs have been in awhile, you may need new shackle/spring eye bolts. We did, and his Jeep was only 4 years old! Rusted solid. Good luck!

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Down to the bare frame...parts everywhere!
2000 Durango SLT

I can't go to work today...the voices said "Stay home and clean your guns!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 06:49 AM

Rancho will get you 2 1/2" in just springs if you want to go that way. They are a little rough riding but they flex nice, been using them for about 4 years now.
GP'n

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 08:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The BEST are without a doubt Old Man Emu. They will out flex any other 2 1/2 lift out there. Are they worth the $$$$? Only you can decide. BTW, they also ride much better than stock. If you want just flexy springs, you should check out National Springs.

Ron R. - 90 YJ w/ good stuff [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 11:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree that OME are the best. Setup can cost 900$ but I know you can just get the springs. I am sure that it works best as a system.
Ride=better than stock
Flex=With a little work "Holy @#$!"

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If your just looking for a set of cheap springs with a half decent ride, check out genuine suspension. I think, (let the flaming begin), Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers are the only guys who carry them. I put a set on my last Jeep and was totally satisfied with the ride. Just my $.02.

G-Man, 83' CJ7, Detroit's and 4.56's front and rear, 35 Baja Claws
Wheel it today, it could be a housing development tomorrow.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 04:23 PM

I'd wait till you have the cash for a good set and if you plan on running 33's it will be tight w/ just the springs, why not wait for a 4" kit and all that stuff. Also why don't you need shocks? the stock shocks won't work they are too short and you won't get the flex you want, might want to consider moving you shock mounts and getting super long shocks and have tons of flex. Also have some extra cash because everything has a way of costing more than you think.
Barrel Roll

'95 YJ Totaled!

Currently looking for a 16 year old jeep chick with a jeep
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2000, 12:04 AM
Wrangler88

well right now i've got a 2inch body lift and tj flares, so a 2.5 should clear 33's fine but since i just bought new 31's i'll have to wait till they wear down before i get new tires, plus its only the 2.5L and its my daily driver so i don't want to put 33's unless i do a gear change or i'd die on the highway, well the shocks i can pick up cheaper than probablly then what they sell them in the kit for i'd think, maybe not...so any conclusion...?

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode