mopar fuel injection - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 10:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

mopar fuel injection

I'm looking for info on what parts are needed to change to the in tank pump with the mopar f.i. set up in an '88 yj. I saw a post once but can't locate it now.I think someone used the '87-90 4cyl sending unit and the '91 pump in a stock gas tank--does anyone know? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 12:02 PM
Journeyman

Re: mopar fuel injection

I remember the post also... use a 87-89 tbi sender with a 4.0L pump and the original steel 15 gal tank. On my 1982 CJ7 4.0L project I was never able to find a used tank or sender. Jeep factory replacement senders were way too large to fit in my 15 gal tank so I went with a YJ tank that had the larger sender opening, sending unit and 4.0L pump all bought from 4WDHW. One other idea suggested to me was to cut the original pick-up tube and hang the pump from it then figure out how to run the power wire through the sender without any leaks. In either case be sure to put a filter on the pump suction, the one I bought from 4WDHW did not have one.
GM

post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-05-2000, 02:07 PM

Re: mopar fuel injection

You can pick up the sending for the intank pump unit from 4 wheel parts wholsaler and the pump from any parts house. The 88 YJ tank will accept the unit. Just need to run a ground wire and a hot wire to the sender then plug them in.
GP'n

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode