HELP! MY BRAKES - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2000, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

HELP! MY BRAKES

i just had my rear wheel cylinders, some brake lines, the master cylinder, and rear shoes replaced. when i got it back (about two days ago) the brakes felt awsome. but today when i was driving i went to press the brake pedel and noticed that the pedel was much higher and harder to reach than before, but the brakes still felt solid. i stoped to investigate and noticed that the rear of the master cylinder (where the push rod goes in) was leaking when the pedel was released. what the heck could of happened?the only thing i could think was mabey the c-clip that holds the piston in came off, but i can't tell without removing the master cylinder. any ideas or thoughts on the problem would be much app.
thanks
TYLER [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2000, 09:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HELP! MY BRAKES

Sounds about right to me. Not good, assuming these are not power then be carefull when you pull the master cylinder off because you are going to have a bunch of fluid coming out inside your Jeep. I would take it back to whomever did the job and tell them to make it right and use a NEW master cylinder. Don't drive it that way, if that piston comes out you are in a world of ****!!!!

More power is never enough
85 CJ-7 Locked and loaded
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2000, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: HELP! MY BRAKES

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Are you sure the fluid behind the master cylinder isn't from fluid being spilled. I would take it back to the mechanic and find out for sure.

Tommy B. in AZ -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode