Jeep "LandRunner"????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 06:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeep \"LandRunner\"?????

hey guys,

My buddy was telling me about a jeep he saw at his local dealer last night. He said that it WAS a TJ w/tilt front end!, Custom bumpers, Mickey T. Tires/wheels, Running boards, and a few other things. he said that the fenders looked like the YJ renagades kinda w/ all of that plastic.

He is going to try to get a picture of it but I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard about it?

The window sticker said there was an $8k option. The interior was normal for what he noticed. It was a 6Cyl Sport.

Take care.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 11:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jeep \"LandRunner\"?????

I saw one. It's that stupid Hummer body kit.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats the LandRunner? Is it a factory option now or something? My buddy and I know about the hummer things but he said thats not what it looked like. He said that it was a TJ tub with a one piece front clip. The clip did have a different shape though.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 12:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I saw one on ebay, that's what they were calling it. There are 2 in Montgomery at the Jeep dealership. Right out front for everyone to laugh at. I tried to trade with that dealership once, but never again. Tried to trick me into signing for a GC that I didn't want(no V8). I promply got out of there w/ all my info(drivers license #, SSN, home phone, etc.). Went to another Jeep dealership, and asked them about those things. All he had to say was, "Those things are ugly" he had me hooked right there. They have mechanics that will deal with you and talk Jeeps as well. Next vehicle will come from them.

I have found that those dealerships who do carry those things(at least in 4 cases), they don't know a thing about Jeeps. Only care about making the sale, turning over a quick buck. Not my style.

Jason

----------------
[]llll[] '90 YJ, NV4500, XD9000i, 35" MT/R, Snorkle, 4.5" RE lift, Tera Revolvers, etc. etc.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 01:22 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Anyone got any pics?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 02:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Doesn't the Hummer thing require a complete new tub? My buddy says that the tub is stock.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 04:07 PM
Veteran

Follow this link http://www.landrunner.com/. At this time my computer is not letting me access the site but I'm pretty sure that it is the right link.

There is one picture here.http://www.sema.org/semanews/novembe...tshowcase.html Just scroll down a little and you will see it. It is right after the Mazda Miata.

The one that was at out dealership was all decked out but upon checking out the rear end it came with just a D35. It had a Warn 9500 winch and one of those over the top roof racks. It also had a $32000 price tag.

<font color=green>I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.<font color=red>
Semper Jeep<font color=black>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 04:21 PM
I Do This For The Glory

And I thought the YJ was the UGLIEST jeep out there, second only to the CJ-3B!

Just kidding YJ owners, thought I'd increase the 'ole blood pressure some (but the CJ-3B is ugly).

Man that is UGLY! Even the wife thinks it UGLY! Acutally she said it was FUGLY...

Why would anyone like that, much less buy one?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 05:05 PM

Actually I kinda like the look of the front end-of course I like hummers and CJ-3b's also What I don't like is are the rear flares and the side steps. the flares seem impressive though since in one pic they show two guys standing on the rear flares loading tires onto the roof.

jay

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2000, 05:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

gotta agree jeepn....it's horrid..
and even so... a buddy here bought my spare scout 44's from me to build a jeep.. he has a fuel injected 305, th350,etc etc..i though it was a great prodject till he bought the humj-7 body...YUCK... I'll see how it looks when we get it together this spring....i don't have high hopes...

~~Elusive~~
tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie safaried..watch for improvements soon[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj, 4.0, dana 44, nv3550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode