4WD HARDWARE MOTOR MOUNTS! DON"T BUY! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 10:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

4WD HARDWARE MOTOR MOUNTS! DON\"T BUY!

Hey guys,

I just swapped in a Small Block motor/Th400 and new tcase in my jeep last month. I ordered the V8 mounts from 4wd Hardware and their headers. Everything went in great and i was really happy but the first weekend I went wheeling I went camping. I did do a lot of flexing and stuff.

When I got home I noticed that both Poly motor mounts WERE GONE!! I called them and they were nice enough to send a new set to me for free... I installed them and went wheeling for about 5 hours a few Sundays ago and when I got home I noticed that they were splitting already.

They were put on right! They weren't to tight/to loose.

JUST A WARNING! I think I will have to either change them or go solid motor mounts or something.

Thanks for listening.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4WD HARDWARE MOTOR MOUNTS! DON\"T BUY!

WOW! Let's see --- 12 miles per gallon of gas, 3,000 per gallon of oil and what, a couple of hundred miles per set of motor mounts???? Not good. Please keep us informed should you determine WHY it is happening - if it can be determined.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 10:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i didn't even get a couple hundred miles. I say maybe 2 hundred on that sunday!!! 4wd hardware has no idea and they "say" there hasn't been any problems.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 10:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Happening that quickly should make the cause more easily determined.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought maybe I tightened them up to much the first time, or maybe installed the poly bushings wrong or something..!!

BUT when I only went wheeling for a few hours and they are already going --- I flipped!

I have a CHevy 305 which is worked up a bit (thats how I got it) and I know that I have a heavy foot. We do a lot of flexing too.

THEY SHOULD last me a bit longer!!! lol...

1997 TJ w/ 33's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 11:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just called 4wd again to complain. She is going to have a tech guy call me back. I assume that they are either going to let me return them without any questions or totally say that the mounts aren't strong enough and its nothing they can do. I should have bought the BombProof ones. I had them with my 304 but didn't want to spend the extra $50 for them. Thats what happens when you get cheap.

Any comments on SOLID MOUNTS? I would be able to make up some solid pucks if I have to.. . GOOD OR BAD?

1997 TJ w/ 33's
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 01:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Doug,

I just checked my Voice mail to see if they got back to me yet. "Woodie" from Tech Support left an interesting message regarding these mounts. He said that they just found out within the last 3 weeks that the wrong size poly mounts are packaged with the motor mounts. He said they are supposed to fine more out this coming monday.

It sure would have been nice to know about this earlier.. .Like just 2 weeks ago when I put motor mounts in at midnight to go wheeling and then they didn't work.

So, i guess when they get the "right" ones they will be sending me a set for free. I will probably order an extra set just in case.....

1997 TJ w/ 33's
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 06:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hope it works out for you.

You will have some choices IF IF IF the mounts are finally declared to be ready for prime time. First - if they have really tried to take care of you, and it is pretty evident the fault is not totally theirs (a supplier gave them the wrong stuff etc), you might consider splitting the problem with them. In other words just wind up with some good motor mounts and let it go at that. You are out extra labor, and they are out all the agrivation of someone elses mistake. Personally I would opt for this IF they had really been up front and tried to do the right thing.

It wouldn't take much for me to raise hell, however and expect something for my time and trouble, an extra set of motor mounts free of charge, another product of theirs of similar value free of charge, a discounted price on the final GOOD motor mounts or a set of better more expensive motor mounts for the same charge. This all assumes they are no worse than 20 per cent off of perfect in their dealings with me.

I don't know what I would do if they were worse than 80%, but it would be something, and it would be fun ....... for me anyway.

Good luck.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 06:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think it is just that heavy right foot again. Just kidding dude. I cant believe that they are spliting again. What a downer. I would give them one more chance and if they do it again. Make them pay for the heavier ones. If they want your money again they will pay for it. The bumper is at the welding shop. He is welding a friend of mine plow brackets up in the middle of next week. So while he has the welder out he is going to do the bumper then. Talk to you later.

80 cj7, 304, auto, 33" tsl swampers, 4" softride superlift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode