Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   replacing heater core/motor upgrade/ foam baffels (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/44054-replacing-heater-core-motor-upgrade-foam-baffels.html)

Robert87yj 10-30-2000 10:10 PM

replacing heater core/motor upgrade/ foam baffels

I have sprung a leak in my heater core. I picked up a new core and the motor I need to upgrade..if i picked up the right one...73 blazer, 350 w/ ac. It looks like it'll work

My main concern is replacing the foam baffels in the box that help seal the flap that controlls the air flow in from heat to cold and from heat to defrost. Has anyone been successful in replacing the foam?

Thanks,

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
Process of a moonguy after beer
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

LEVE 10-31-2000 07:01 AM

Re: replacing heater core/motor upgrade/ foam baffels

When you pull apart the heater box you'll find the foam pretty hard and crumbling. Go to your local hardware store and you can buy sticky-backed foam seal it rolls. Get the real thin stuff. It's worked great on mine for 4 years now...

Happy Hollidays and Good Jeepin'

Larry

Robert87yj 10-31-2000 10:02 AM

Thanks, I think i have a coulple extra rolls I bought to put my hardtop back on for the winter that I didn't use.

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
Process of a moonguy after beer
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 10-31-2000 12:41 PM

Hey Robert, I found out after I did my motor upgrade, that the Jeep dealer now sells a different fan wheel.
Their answer to the low output fan motor was to re-curve the angles of the fan blades. If you pick up one
of these new wheels along with the motor upgrade, then I think you will be glad you did.
After the motor upgrade, mine still does not put out what I was hoping. Keep in mind that you'll have to
open up the hole in the firewall that the motor fits thru. If I remember correctly it only needs to be about
a quarter inch (or less) all the way around.
Good luck with the upgrade.
-Gus-

90YJ 4.2L NV4500 456:1 33's Twin ARB's