Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   wisdom for all... . (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/4322-wisdom-all.html)

jeepgod 01-31-2000 12:45 PM

wisdom for all... .

"The only reason for the existence of the soldier is to defend the principles that civilian society represents." --Georges Clemenceau

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ---John Stewart Mills

"A man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." ---Muhammed Ali

IMAGINATION--A mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

The_Sandman_454 01-31-2000 02:10 PM

Re: wisdom for all... .

Those quotes are [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Got any more? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

**DONOTDELETE** 01-31-2000 03:21 PM

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war" - Chinese proverb

"There can be no real freedom without the freedom to fail" - Eric Hofler

"The issue is not war and peace, rather how best to preserve our freedom" - Gen. Russell Dougherty

"The outlook for our country lies in the quality of it's idleness" - Irwin Edman

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" - Stanislans Lezczynski

"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression" - W.E.B DuBois

"You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves" - Winston Churchill

"The object is not to die for your country, it's to make the other SOB die for his" - Gen. George Patton

(former user: ddehaan)

elusive 01-31-2000 03:53 PM

i think i have been pouring too much beer into poor jeepgod....he's getting all philisophical on us...but"those not busy being born are busy dying"~~Bob Dylan

**DONOTDELETE** 01-31-2000 04:01 PM

Anyone who is not a liberal at age 20 has no heart and if you aren't a conservative by the time you're 40 you have no brain.

Gary

Jay Anger 01-31-2000 04:59 PM

Dadnabbit Gary!!! My wife has been telling me for nine years that I have no heart!! Now you have to go and give her a quote like this. (I have been conservative since I took Constitution class in 8th grade by the way - probably eariler - my dad was a staunch independant with some very liberal views, but I went against his wishes and voted for Ford in our mock election in grade school anyway!) Hopefully I won't suddenly get soft brain and turn liberal at age 40!

Here's a few more quotes, note how these would be from "radical right-wing conspirators" if said today:

"If by the mere force of numbers a majority should deprive a minority of any clearly written constitutional right, it might, in any moral point of view, justify revolution."
- Abraham Lincoln in his first inagural address, March 4, 1861.

"When prople are oppressed by a government it is a natural right thay enjoy to releive themselves of the oppression if they are strong enough, whether by withdrawing from it, or by overthrowing it."
- Ulysses S. Grant

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
- James Madison, Virginia Convention, June 16, 1788

"Experience teaches us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficent."
- Louis D. Brandeis, dissent, Olmstead vs. U.S., 1928

"The name American, which belongs to you in your natural capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than appellatives derived from local discriminations."
- George Washington in his farewell address, September, 17, 1796

FlMudCJ 01-31-2000 08:50 PM

"One death is a tragety, a million is a stastic" - Joseph Stalin

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

jeepgod 01-31-2000 11:02 PM

ok here are some more.. enjoy..
"Nobody dislikes war more than warriors." --Daniel James Jr.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ---Edmund Burke

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." ---Thomas Paine

"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." ---Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When even one American - who has done nothing wrong - is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril." ---Harry Truman

"Death is something you can do nothing about. Nothing at all. But youth is a quality, and if you have it you never lose it." ---Frank Lloyd Wright

"Your son at five is your master, at ten your slave, at fifteen your double, and after that, your friend or foe, depending on his bringing up." ---Hasdai Ibn Shaprut

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

**DONOTDELETE** 02-01-2000 09:03 PM

"That'll itch when it dries!"

http://members.home.net/nosweat/

**DONOTDELETE** 02-01-2000 09:09 PM

"He who go to bed with itchy ass wake up with chocolate finger."--Confucius

-mike

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie SLT Sport Plus--5.9L 360, auto, 3.92s, antispin, BFG A/Ts.