Weekend Pictures(Jeep is fixed) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Weekend Pictures(Jeep is fixed)

Well, by Saturday afternoon, I was able to get the Jeep up and running(after the Hammer/Wrecking Ball, Butt kicking).
So Jeepchick and I loaded up the Yj Sunday morning and headed east from Vegas, across the desert. Using a Dept of Forrestry Topo Map, we were attempting to find an overland route, that would take us to a vista of Lake mead from the craggley hills above.
We were able to eventually find a route with the help of some freindly 2 wheelers whp were attempting and succeeded in doing the same thing, although they said they didnt think we would be able to make it, in a 4 wheeler, untill we climbed a hill they called widow maker when we parted ways. A quick glance back revealed a short round of applause then a thumbs up.
It was a great day on the trail, with no mechanical problems whatever, however Jeepchick was making me play very cautiousely. One of the fun spots of the day was an extremely loose gravel 100 ft hill climb, at a mining site,(Jeepchick was adament though that I use a safety net in the form of a slack line winch cable hook up). I think it was a wise idea since we were by ourselves and the hill was a bit scarry,(Im still pulling seat vinyl out of the crack of my a$$). Well here are a couple of pics of the ride, for those interested. Views of the Lake are on our other camera, and havent been developed yet.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-238869-Lakemead1.JPG (43.9 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Re: Weekend Pictures(Jeep is fixed)

Another pic of the ravine rock crawl.
Jeepchick actual drove back through this rock formation and did a great job, shes getting better at driving, and asking for more time behind the wheel

Jeff
89 Wrangler
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Ooops forgot the pic

Jeff
89 Wrangler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-238874-Lakemead2.JPG (41.6 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

And the hill climb. That would be a nasty roll if, anything went wrong. It wasnt to bad though as long as you didnt spin the tires to much in the shale and loose rock.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-238876-Lmeadhill1.JPG (43.5 KB, 3 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 04:04 AM
cj7jeep

Hey Jeff, you really make this poor flatlander jealous. First it would take me a month or so to just get the money rounded up to pay for the repairs. Then when when i would finally get the mechanical part of it knocked out all i would have to play in was some nasty smelling river mud. Thinking i might have to move. Good job on the Jeep.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 04:06 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Those are great pictures, H8 of a Jeep "Working" the rocks.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]....that's what every Jeep rock crawler wants to "git to" with his Jeep and mods.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] When you look at those photos, it's almost hard to believe a vehicle can do that and still drive home down the hiway.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] The only problem that I can see is that very soon, Jeepchick is going to think rides like that are "normal" and she will be taking her daily driver up and over the flower-box center divider at the bank just to see if it can be done.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys,
Ooops gotta go, the concrete just arrived. Pouring Footings at the loading dock today.
Work,Work,Work!!!

Jeff
89 Wrangler
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 02:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

looking good jeff,,,, glad to see your jeep heals itself WAY faster than mine does.. i havent even taken mine off the trailer from it's tellico butt wuppin yet..

~~Elusive~~
tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie safaried, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj, 4.0, dana 44, nv3550
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Elusive,
as busy as the job is right now, if I didnt jump all over it, it might never get finished. I was ordering parts, and scheduling rack time, using my cell phone, durring the drive home.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode