2000 TJ and D35 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 02:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2000 TJ and D35

I bought a 2000 TJ from a dealership with 10000 miles. This TJ has the stock 30 inch tire package with the 15 X 8 wheels, yet it has the D35 rear axle and no Trak Lok. On the jeepunpaved site where you can choose your features, the Dana 44 rear axle and Trak Lok are standard when you order the 30 inch tire package. I don't understand! Does anybody have the answers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 02:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2000 TJ and D35

Well, considering it has 10k miles on it means it isnt exactly "off the factory line". Anything can happen in that time.

When I was buying mine it had the 30" tire package w/Dana44. I new I would be replacing those tires with 33" BFG's so there was no reason for me to pay extra for something that wouldnt be staying on my Jeep for more than a month. I made the dealer remove the 30" tires and replace them with some smaller types and apply the difference off the purchase price.

So someone out there got my 30" tires while I drove off the lot with their 28 inchers.

Could be a similar scenerio in your case.

Regards,
LarryM
"If I can't go faster I'll go longer."
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 02:35 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Huh. When we ordered our TJ, 'course this was back in early '96, the D35C also came with the Trac-Lok when you ordered the 30" Tire & Wheel package. Have you looked at the tag on the axle to see which gears you have? Are you positive it's an open diff?

The D44 isn't automatic with the 30" Tire & Wheel package BTW, but it did come with the optional gears in whatever axle it came with, in your case it'd be 3.73. In my case it was 3.54's.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 04:42 PM
Veteran

In any of the online car order sites when you click that you want the 30" tire package, the D44 automatically locks on also. The dealer that I got my 2000 from in June said that the Canyon tire and wheel package comes with the D44. I don't know if this is state to state but elusive has the canyon wheel package and also has the D44. Hmmm, seems interesting.

I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Semper Jeep
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 06:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Dana44 got very limited in the 2000 models... at one time they werent being installed at all. Towards the end they only came with the 30" tire package.

Regards,
LarryM
"If I can't go faster I'll go longer."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode