Need Help finding YJ Cable kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Help finding YJ Cable kit

I just got back from a the Mohawk Jeep Jamboree and I wanted everyone to know that my new 2.5 Old Man Emu lift work great. (Thank you to all that help me pick the lift and tires). However, a new problem arose when on the trail. The vacuum pump that switches the front axle into 4 wheel drive acted up. The first day it would not even go into 4 wheel drive, so a fellow Jeeper showed me how to open up the axle and engage the arm manually. The vacuum pump was able to get the me back into 2-low. The next day I switched the jeep back into 4-high and after a could of minute of road driving on the way to the trail the 4-wheel drive light turned on. So there is barely enough vacuum to move the arm in the axle housing.

A couple of the other YJ owners recommended that I get a Cable kit to replace the vacuum system. I have looked through a couple of Jeep magazines but I haven't had any luck finding a cable system. Does anyone know where I can get a good cable system for my YJ? I am not sure what other options are available to me (I don't want to continue using the vacuum system).

-Hays Clark
Moss Green '94 YJ
4.0L 6 Cyl. 5-Man.
2.5 Old Man Emu
32x11.50 BFGMud

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 04:07 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: Need Help finding YJ Cable kit

Hey Hays, Scott with the red YJ here, from the Jamboree. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] If I remember correctly, it's called the "rock lock", and it's made by Big Dick's Suspension. There is a review of it and someone's installation of one somewhere here on off-road.com. If you search around the site for a while you should be able to find the review.

Enjoyed wheeling with you. Hope to see you in the Adirondacks in the Spring. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Good luck with the cable [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and fix those flares! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Scott "Pete" Peterson.

88YJ, 4"susp, JKS 1.25" body lift, 33"BFGMT, 9000# winch, homemade rear tire carrier, reb. 258, 999 auto, 4.10 axles, weber 32/36 carb w/adj. reg., GMHEI, CJ dash, ...and one moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 06:02 PM

Re: Need Help finding YJ Cable kit

What you are looking for is the Posi-Lok Cable Acuated Lock System . You can order this at Drive Train Warehouse 1-888-432-7656. I think the cost is around $185.00 They will also beat any advertised pricing if you find it cheaper. No I'm not a sales person there.
GP'n

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode