what's the best tj lift? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Addict

what\'s the best tj lift?

What's the best 2-3" tj lift, the spacer kits seem the cheapest, but for a little more money you can get
new springs instead. I probably don't want more than three inches, because I not going to run tires big
enough to necessitate a gear change. My Jeep will probably only ever see field use for putting up tree
stands and stuff. Other than that it will be a daily driver with some drift busting in the winter. I'm thinking
I might be able to get away with one of those spacer kits and 1-2" body lift. What lifts are you guys running
and what tire size? Thanks fella's!

If your kidneys don't hurt, it's not a real Jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 10:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what\'s the best tj lift?

I have the Tera 3" lift with 33x12.50 BFG MT's. It flexes pretty dang good for a 3" lift.

The TJ is my daily driver and rides extremely well on road....no complaints there. No modifications have been made to the lift other than Rancho 9000 shocks and an adjustable front trackbar. I did have to drop the tcase 1" because I didnt have the money for a SYE at the time.

Have a look at it in action.... http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...nce=0&res=high

Regards,
LarryM
"If I can't go faster I'll go longer."
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 10:09 PM
jeepfreak

Another good lift for the TJ is the Full-traction lift. It comes with quick disconnects and shocks for only $850. It ramps 1100 out of the box and it doesnt have the heim joints that need to be rebuilt every couple of years. That is the way I am going to go with my TJ.

JACOB
81 cj5 WITH SOA/SR/302
2000 TJ

Confuscious said:
"The wise man takes the path of least resistance"
I say:
"Confucious didn't know jack about Jeeps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 09:00 AM

I think a 2" body lift with a 2" drivetrain lift with a flat skid-plate, along with a 2" Old Man Emu suspension lift would be a heck of a set-up on a TJ. Give you the underbody and wheel-well clearance of a 4" suspension lift...

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It was running good, so I messed with the carb to make it run better. Now it wont run at all! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 10:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Our Project TJ wears the Teraflex S3T kit, RS9000s on the corners, 33" BFG M/Ts on 15x8 American racing wheels with 3 and 3/4" of backspacing, dual steering stabilizers, a Warn XD9000i up front, stock 4.0 and automatic with 3.03s in the stock, non Dana44 rear axles. Go ahead and laugh at thos axles...but we haven't broken one yet, and the new locked front and rear Currie 9"s are on order. The Jeep flexes like hell, and seems unstoppable, as well as rides BETTER than it did stock. My best advice is the TeraFlex/RS9000 combo. See the attached piuc for a lil bit of flexin!

mike!

If you cant DODGE it, JEEP it!
Big Mud Tires are from the Earth....they were put here for you...and for me...take advantage!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-239628-TJ2.jpg (39.0 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode