The SWB Jeep Coffee Shop - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The SWB Jeep Coffee Shop

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] While no one would deny that some of the threads on this Short Wheelbase Jeep BBS DO stray somewhat from the specifics of Short Wheelbase Jeeps; I would hate to give up all of the "little" (and big) things that I've learned reading some clearly Off Topic posts.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There ARE times when it does get to be a waste of bandwidth;.....like trying to determine who harbors the most real, most deep-down, most drop-forged, most hardened, most ground and polished, and most chrome-plated hatred for Klintun and his minions;...[I hope I'm in at least the top ten nationally on that one]....or even worse, who flamed who; but GENERALLY, the OT stuff is OK, and often very informative.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Hardly anyone enjoys coffee shop conversation as much as I do, and whoever posted the "coffee shop" term was right on target when referring to the OT posts.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The only time you have to be careful in coffee shops is when truckers are talking about who pulled what hill in what gear. THEN you may have to break out the hip boots.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 08:22 AM

Re: The SWB Jeep Coffee Shop

i myself check this board for Jeep Building stuff and maybe to pass on some of my small laymans knowledge base. (and i suppose show off some pictures also [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
i read my email and check this board almost every morning (and am always drinking some Java) i don't read all the topics, O/T or Jeep related. just the one i want to and have time for.
no one is paying me, i'm here because i like the board

<font color=red>3/4tonYJ</font color=red>

http://www.geocities.com/yj3qtr_ton
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 08:32 AM

I dont drink Coffee

Water,Milk, Dr Pepper, and BEER.

It gets to be a pain when I m trying to follow a technical post, and I get home from work to find it buried under 155 NEW posts, especially when a large portion of them belong on a political BBS.

and then I agree and Disagree also with TR's method, I agree because most of htat crap thats posted ( politically) is unfounded rumor crap, the same stuff I hear everyday in a breakroom from mostly uneducated people who are afraid of everything that doesnt come from church of the tracter supply store.

BUT, im not Team Rush's method is the correct way to remedy this situation.

My own method of resposnding to BS with more BS sure is alot more fun, but not very effective and also time consuming!

I do think it will eventually be the demise of the BBS, it always happens this way, thats a real shame.

OzarkJeep

"If I take a stand It will be my own"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 11:26 PM

Maybe with 60,000 plus posts, ORC will see the need for a 'Jeep Coffee Shop' forum...
I think it's a GREAT idea!!
Count me in at the crack of noon!

------------------------------

On the other hand, I'd like to see a 'Simple Minded, Tobacco Chewing, Trailer Park Living, Bass Boat Owning, Slack Jawed, Inbread, Booger Eating, Moron" forum too, for all the political crap we have had to suffer through here for the last two or three months...

And all the politically 'Correct' whiners can go there too!!
That way, when we talk about some 'bubba' does something stupid, we can take the event apart, and figure now protocols and safety hardware to prevent/ stop the problem.
Instead of being roasted alive for trying to break down the series of events to do failure analysis...

I'd like to have somewhere to post jokes and stuff where I don't feel like I'm adding to the off topic problem here...
Too may guys that need help getting ignored or just plain burried in the '....Sound and fury, signifying nothing'... when we should be taking care of the prime order of buisness here, which is helping Jeepers...

Listening to political BS does squat, sip, zero, for helping someone that can't get to work, or home from the hills......

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 11:28 PM

Maybe with 60,000 plus posts, ORC will see the need for a 'Jeep Coffee Shop' forum...
I think it's a GREAT idea!!
Count me in at the crack of noon!

------------------------------

On the other hand, I'd like to see a 'Simple Minded, Tobacco Chewing, Trailer Park Living, Bass Boat Owning, Slack Jawed, Inbred, Booger Eating, Moron" forum too, for all the political crap we have had to suffer through here for the last two or three months...

And all the politically 'Correct' whiners can go there too!!
That way, when we talk about some 'bubba' does something stupid, we can take the event apart, and figure now protocols and safety hardware to prevent/ stop the problem.
Instead of being roasted alive for trying to break down the series of events to do failure analysis...

I'd like to have somewhere to post jokes and stuff where I don't feel like I'm adding to the off topic problem here...
Too may guys that need help getting ignored or just plain buried in the '....Sound and fury, signifying nothing'... when we should be taking care of the prime order of business here, which is helping Jeepers...

Listening to political BS does squat, zip, zero, for helping someone that can't get to work, or home from the hills......

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 08:24 AM

Mmmmmmmmmm, Cofffeeeeee,
And what Dave said.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 08:56 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I also like the OT stuff, I really do. Ditto on the biased, unfounded slanders though.

It'd be nice to have an OT board, but I wouldn't frequent it. I'm on too many boards now as it is, but make this my regular "home". BTW, who's going to monitor the OT stuff and decide what's actually "OT" and what's OK to serve to the masses?

Sure, we can monitor our own, but then we'll be getting into a pissing contest on why something should or should not be considered OT.

I don't think this BBS is going anywhere. Remember the old BBS? It was a LOT worse than this, and with a lot less people.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Our future home in Middle America is right next to a surfaced road and accessible in just about any weather. We are re-designing the kitchen SPECIFICALLY to accomodate "drop-ins" for coffee and BS, with a center island and stools plus a little "breakfast booth" next to the window, we'll be all set. Us being retired and the usual pace of the midwest farming community; especially in winter; should just about match up.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just looked at a real nice propane-fueled spa heater this last weekend that is going to be needing a good home for very little $$$. I have a section of, drop-center floor, 10' X 30' in our big grainery and was thinking about pouring concrete in the depressed section to level it up and at the same time put in heating tubes so I could heat it with this spa heater. That way we could have coffee AND work on Jeeps and tractors in relative comfort. FarmJeep suggested this heating method and finding this nice big spa heater got me to thinking........[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, I hope Oz is wrong about this BBS dying from "lack of discipline" but I have no way of measuring it since I'm kind of a computer newbie. Despite the occasional departure from Jeep-specifics, most of us have learned some valuable sh#t reading this board. It's kind of nice when you don't have to make the same mistake that everyone else has made 100 times before when you are rebuilding a Jeep and someone on this board says: "Uh....don't DO that because...." Our own SNOJEEP project has changed A LOT from what we THOUGHT would be the way to go when we first started, plus a zillion things that we didn't even THINK of.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dave, move to Wisconsin and I'll be your new best friend. Nothing like a hot outdoor spa in the middle of winter! Besides, you seem to be quite knowledgable on Jeep stuff...I would sleep better at night knowing the crack moonguy Quadra-Trac Team is nearby!

I don't mind the OT stuff as long as it as posted in the subject line, that way I can skip over it. Personally, I like all the knowledge passed along this board and contrary to popular belief, politics do concern us as responsible 4 wheelers. What better place to rally the troops and get people involved with land-use issues than in an off-road forum. It's nice to have all this in one location. The only way to have a total on topic forum is to have a moderator who picks and chooses what posts are relevant, then we will be monitored by the Post-Nazi, "No post for you!"

I love you guys....can I have your Bud Light?

Steve M
1976 CJ-7, 304, TH400, Q-Trac, 4:10's, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT's, rotten floorboards, cheesy aluminum tub overlay, you get the idea....

"Heavy guns - Reach out and touch someone"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] While we have a cuppa coffee, my 100-strong[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] crack moonguy Quadra-trac team will swarm under your CJ and deftly disable those clutches so your QT will run free, free, free.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And the FWD "Emergency" lock-up will work better, better, better.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You could even buzz down to southeastern Iowa to our new Jeeplab (Open 9/'02) and have the operation performed right there. We will have motor home parking for long-term Jeep hospitalization cases.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I figure by the late summer of '02 we will be pretty well set up for a Jeepwerks in our converted grainery.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

CJDave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode