Auto Electricity & Electronics Technology - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Auto Electricity & Electronics Technology

I've just got back the the Technical Educators of Oregon conference at Mt. Hood Community College near Portland Oregon. I was given a free copy of the the text book "Auto Electricity & Electronic Technology". I've reviewed the entire book for lesson plans for classes I teach, and will usw most of the material.

Most do-it-yourself mechanics have some technical training. The author James E. Duffy does an excellent job with the technical writing. The book is written for a beginner, but many do-it-yourself mechanics could also benefit from the new information provided on late model cars.

Auto Electricity & Electronic Technology is published by http://goodheartwillcox.com in Tinley, Illinois, (800) 323-0440.

The total teaching package which includes the book (574 pages), a workbook (262 pages) and the instructor's guide (114 pages) sell for about $78.00. The series is a preparation for ASE certification testing.
dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 09:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Auto Electricity & Electronics Technology

THANKS DAVE,i am always looking to up grade my library,have a great weekend,ranger rick

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 10:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Many people don't realize what a valuable resource the textbooks that are used in auto tech courses can be. People think textbook, their eyes cross and they fall asleep. My stepson is in the last semester of the auto tech curriculum at San Juan College (#2 auto program in the nation), and I am always referring to the various texts from his courses. I need to dig up his auto electric book and see which one it is. (I spent a couple hours yesterday messing with the dash lights on my CJ, they suddenly quit working a couple months ago, aargh!) There are several books they use that I have used many times, the trans, t-case and diff book is a good example. People would do good to go to their local college bookstore and browse thru the auto tech section.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
Vice-Pres. Rock Garden 4 Wheelers, Farmington, NM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks for the kind thoughts, the book I mention is an all new book. It's just been released into publication.
dave

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the info.
I love doing rewiring on my vehicles, I know I must be nuts, most people hate it.
My jeeps overhead console looks like a the control panel on the space shuttle, and everytime a run a wire somewhere, Ive learned to runa loom of least 4 or 5 wires because Ill probbably be running something else there eventually. Where could a text book like that be ordered from?

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The only book I've seen in print that would demonstrate rewiring a vehicle is "Hot Rod Wiring", by Tim Remus & Dennis Overholsser (ISBN # 0-9641358-6-8). My personal opinion of this book is that it's mostly about using Painless Wiring Products, with just enough basic wiring information to get you started.
dave

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 11:13 PM

I agree completely about the 'Basic Hot Rod Wiring'....
It's the instructions that should have come with a painless wiring harness....

-----------------------------

Dave, How dare you post something that could be pertinent to working on Short Wheel Base Jeeps!!
This is an Off Topic forum for mindless (and endless) political bantering!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Have a good day Dave!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode