Holley Setup - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2000, 08:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Holley Setup

I am having a Holley #8007 390 CFM 4-bbl rebuilt for use on a 258 I-6, Clifford Performance manifold and headers. It used to have a CP 264 cam but it was replaced when the engine was rebuilt the last time so I do not know what the current specs are. In any case it is not anything radical and I suppose it has a couple more CI from the re-boring.

At one time in the distant past (!) this setup worked well but I ran into some problems with the engine rebuild and then it was re-done suffered a bad carb rebuild and so different things have prevented the Jeep from running right for a long time. Everything seems sound now except the carb.

So I am wondering what parts other people have used (main jets/power valve/discharge nozzle). Originally it comes with 51/6.5Hg/.025 but those parts were replaced when it was initially setup according to advice from CP at the time. Now after comparing notes I had made to the Clifford catalog to what was in the carb, to what I have been advised recently I am confused! I have also been advised to have it setup on a dyno which I am sure is ideal but if that can be avoided all the better.

Any advice would be mucho appreciated.

-
Additional notes: this is used mostly at sea-level but also occasionally in the mountains. What about the secondary springs? I am read on this board that someone used the weakest available with good results. Glad I found this board!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 12:00 AM

Re: Holley Setup

You almost got lost in all the off topic posts!!
Good thing I decided to look in the back logs, or you would have slipped by!
-----------------------------

Give me a private e-mail and I'll fill you in on how to tune your Holley, complete with Holley drawings and graphics.

Off road set ups are a LOT different than what the typical 'Speed Shop' guy will come up with....
I'll not only tell you what to do, but WHY you are doing it, and WHAT it will do...

Get me the LIST number off your carb, so I know what we are starting with...
See the attachment... (Header of this post, in blue like my user name, just click on it...)

Here is my e-mail address, [email protected]

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-237977-carb2.jpg (45.4 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 12:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Holley Setup

Done. Thanks muchly!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode