TeamRush's "Anti O/T" campaign... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2000, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

TeamRush\'s \"Anti O/T\" campaign...

Let me get this straight....

The idea here is to dig around, and add yet another post to all of these O/T threads, and bring them back up to the top for others to see and reply to them yet again...

Yeah - good plan TR [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I can understand the intentions, but the only way to get rid of O/T posts is to (now see if you can grasp this people) stop posting to them and let them drop on off the current board...

What is even funnier is I am willing to bet some of the same people against O/T posts will reply to this one, and keep it at the top, further perpetuating the O/T posts... gotta love it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'll be back Monday, and I hope this silliness of posting some warning label to O/T posts has stopped, and I hope no-one replies to this post, and I hope it has dropped off the board to the second page.

And besides, the elections are almost here, and most of the political talk will stop then... just chill out, ok? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2000, 09:22 AM

Re: TeamRush\'s \"Anti O/T\" campaign...

THIS IS AN OFF TOPIC POST THAT DOESN'T BELONG ON THE SWB NEWS GROUP
PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST AND ENCOURAGE THIS BEHAVIOR

This is a completely off topic post, designed to inflame and antagonize readers.
It is unsubstantiated and undocumented.
It is a compilation of exaggeration, disinformation, misinformation and outright lies.

To reply to the post, or it's author, would give them attention they simply do not deserve.

Feel free to copy this post and attach it to any applicable posts....
Let's try to cut down on the explosion of off topic inflammatory posts on this SWB-BSS forum.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2000, 10:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

back to the top DRM,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 07:45 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Yeah, I hate these OT posts as well...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, you know I just HAD to do it.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2000, 10:30 PM
joeybcdt

Back upppp!

I really think that TR is utilizing his unique sense of humor. I think he has a dry-wit and is enjoying this kinda stuff. I kinda like the guy. He really likes it when others refer to him as "an irritable old-timer".

Have a good week, TR.
Joey

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 08:17 AM
TEX

<font color=purple>TR, if you're being sincere in your "campaign" as DRM calls it, no problem from me. However, the phrase:

</font color=purple>"It is a compilation of exaggeration, disinformation, misinformation and outright
lies."

<font color=purple> is a little too specific IMO to use on every OT thread - or even very many of them. For example, if I posted an OT thread stating the following:

"Man, I can't believe the Cardinals lost again to the Mets last night", that would hardly be a "compilation of exaggeration, disinformation, misinformation, and outright lies", but it would be off-topic [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img].</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 09:02 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I like TR, but it's not about TR, or anyone else, it's about OT posts. TR can do as he likes, and I prefer he does, it's healthy to post what's on your mind.

However, I treat his "post" as a commercial or spam and just hit the "page down" to skip over it, so it doesn't bother me.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey I got an idea if you don't like off topic post don't read them,I personally think that you only have a complaint if the post in question is not marked O/T.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2000, 11:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Right on steelerfan! As long as it's labelled in the subject, who cares? There is much knowledge on am variety of subjects to be gained by the friends we've made here.

Steve M
1976 CJ-7, 304, TH400, Q-Trac, 4:10's, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT's, rotten floorboards, cheesy aluminum tub overlay, you get the idea....

"Heavy guns - Reach out and touch someone"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2000, 03:37 PM

I LIKE OT or NTR posts. THERE I SAID IT. I LIKE THEM.

If you dont, just shut the hell up and dont click them. Oh yeah, go ahead flame me for being on a jeep board as a chevy guy, I dont give a flip!

(just been on the pirate board, damn guys over there bring out the animal)

bryan

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
LakeTex
Durant, OK
'79 Blazer almost running! ----need a money tree----
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode