Y'all are gonna Love this!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Y\'all are gonna Love this!!!

I saw this on the JU forum. Check out:

www.changingtheclimate.com

Be sure to click the navigation tabs too. They're playing with fire if I catch them!

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/M.O.R.E. shackles and lots of ideas!

Have you kissed your JEEP lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 01:22 PM

Re: Y\'all are gonna Love this!!!

I would truly like to catch them tagging my F250. What a thrill they would have then.
News at 11:00 when truck owners go bad.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 01:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just imagine some eco-geek getting his butt sent to the hospital over something like this. Something like that can really tick someone off on a bad day.......even me!!! And I don't consider myself a violent guy but if someone invaded my personal space (touching my first girlfriend) ....that guy(or girl) would be asking for trouble!!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]<font color=blue> Boldly going where no jeep has gone before!!</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
92' Yj stock 6cyl, ax-15, 4in procomp lift, shackle lift riding on 33s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I believe the correct term for this act is vandalism, distruction of private property, among others. Not that any of my vehicles are all that great but what give this Sh*thead the right to "Tag" a SUV or any other vehicle. JMO

1974 CJ5 304
1989 Cherokee 4.0
The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life !!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 02:59 PM

I just love these hypocritical dumb morons. I wonder if the bumper stickers are printed on 100% recyclable material? They waste paper making these bumber stickers that are not going to change anyone's opinion. To me, that is more harmful to the environment. If they are that damned worried about the environemtn, then maybe they should stop using their computer that are made from plastic and other "un-natural" substances and using electricity to run them...etc, etc, etc.
They better hope i never catch them putting one on my ZJ or CJ.

Dan 84 CJ-7,Weber,HEI. 95 ZJ,V8. http://netnow.micron.net/~wdohrn/
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 03:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've looked all over and can't find that site.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 03:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here would be my reply:

1. Under the "Rules" tab, you should add "Do not put a sticker on any Jeep. They are not so bad efficiently and environmentally. Also, Jeep owners are a different breed, and will likely ask you to crawl underneath and make sure their transfer case is engaging as they drive away."

2. Under the "Strategy" tab, you discuss 3rd parties witnessing your actions, but not being seen by the vehicle's owner. Refer to #1.

3. Gas guzzling behemoths being used for one's groceries and support of one's self esteem is one thing. But I bought my vehicle for a practical purpose - to go practically anywhere I want. I make full use of its capabilites, so my purchase should not be held against me.

4. If I found someone placing a sticker on my Jeep (or even touching it for that matter), I would consider it vandalism, and feel threatened as my vehicle is an extension of my home (by law). Therefore, I would likely test my fuel-efficient motor's torque by seeing if I could idle over your cranium first in 2-hi, then 4-hi, then 4-lo. All for some cute "save the environment" scheme that uses trees and gas (driving to Kinko's to print) in the process. Worth it?

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/M.O.R.E. shackles and lots of ideas!

Have you kissed your JEEP lately?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 03:50 PM

According to their website, they have also tagged vehicles in Las Vegas and they brag about it. All you South Nevada people should be on the lookout.

Their site is at http://www.changingtheclimate.com

Rockcrusher
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe I'm just too analytical on this but, did anyone else notice that the site was actually pushing product adds? The "tagging" parties are using easily manipulated people to do free advertising for this guy and he's selling (as a front man) a new product for your vehicle. I'm sure they want to let everyone off the hook and feel better about themselves by purchasing this (probably expensive duel fuel conversion) to save the planet and better their gas mileage. Not a bad idea in principal but lets face it. He's a con and using the current political winds to blow people his way to spend money on this product (which he likely also profits from). The best part is that his sticker is now a good thing if you use his product because you will be "changing the climate" by reducing the horrible emissions. Now that's slick!

Tread lightly and stop to smell the roses - Traveler
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If they tag my bumper............... my bumper may just have to tag them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or just use their face to rub it off my bumper!

Worthless F%@#*&[email protected]$^'s

Madd Mudder

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode