How do I tape off stuff underdash for Herculiner? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

How do I tape off stuff underdash for Herculiner?

Okay, I'm in the process of prepping my tub for a few coats of Herculiner. I'm looking forward to coating the rear of my Jeep, but can't stand the thought of doing the front, up under the dash. How do I tape off everything up under there? Also, how in the heck do I clean up in there? I don't wanna get the electricals and the heater and stuff all wet, so I can't use a hose. Right now I just dumping buckets of water inside the front portion to keep some stuff dry. I can't pour through a bucket up under the dash. HELP! hehe...anyway, I guess I could just say F-it about the under dash portion, but I'm so anal, I want it perfect! Any and all suggestions are welcome. You all rule for helping me and others on this board!!!

1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, all stock...but not for long!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 07:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How do I tape off stuff underdash for Herculiner?

If you really want to do it complete, than there isn't any other way to do it but to take everything out. It would be impossible to paint it all unless you take the crap out
Also, if you go high enuogh you will not see the unpainted part from most of the angles anyway, so if you are concerned about looks you can get away with not painting it all the way up...It will cut down on your work time tremendously, and most likely you don't really need it on that part anyway.
I took most of the things out on mine, because I had some rust, and it worked out pretty good. I had to replace my dash due to major rust as well, so I painted that before re-asssembly. Looks great so far!

89YJ/LT1/NV4500/5.25"Lft
"Those damned replicants. Have u retired any today?"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 11:25 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: How do I tape off stuff underdash for Herculiner?

If it were me, I'd just tuck everything out of the way as best you can. Scrub everything real good, and then just use a brush and do the best job you can. When you are laying under there putting the stuff on, you'll think you are missing a lot of spots, but once you sit up, you won't even see them. Just take your time and don't get yourself covered in goo!!

Luckily, my body is empty..... so I don't have this problem. But then again... my body doesn't have a frame under it... so I guess you are ahead of me.

Good luck.
Drew

<font color=red>IN2DEEP 78 CJ5</font color=red> <font color=blue>302 FORD </font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] <font color=red> T176/D300 REAR ARB 35" BFGS </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode