OT - Something to think about - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 01:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT - Something to think about

How many days are there til the election?

A U.S. destroyer is attacked in an Arab port - Sailors killed and much much damage done.

Israel is under attack, and a state of war may well exist in that region.

OPEC is reducing the oil supply to the U.S.

OPEC is closely aligned ethnically, religiously and geographically with the people who oppose Israel and those who are mentioned as possible suspects in the destroyer attack.

The U.S. is a strong ally of Israel, but the Clintons seem to be more allied with the Palestinians than with Israel.

There is strong historical evidence saying that a country does not change its leaders during war time.

It is possible that these situations may escalate rapidly in the next few days.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 08:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT - Something to think about

Doug you must have been spying at my dinner table last night.......

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
http://www.austinjeeper.com

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 09:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Same thoughts rolling around here

84 cj7 Laredo Superior 1 piece, more to come.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 09:39 AM

How canyou say that the Clintons are aligned with Palestinians? COME ON!!!! JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE ATTEMPTING A PEACE PROCESS???
How about this for a conspiracy!
Maybe the Muslims countries just basicly hate our presence. They continualy fight amongst themselves and they hate Israel. They have no tollerance towards anyone who doesnt think excactly as they do. And they condone and support violence and terrorism as a means to an end.
Or wait a minute, maybe the terrorist were just thinking way ahead, and the Clinton administration is somehow resposible for the massacre at the Munich olympics, or the Pan Am flight over Lockerbie Scottland.
The world does not revovle around your hatred for our president. But these kinds of terrorists acts, are a great window into what kind of results come out of intollerance, religeouse zealousy, and fanatacism.
MAYBE ITS JUST A BIG COMPLICATED, VIOLENT WORLD!!

MAYBE ITS JUST A VIOLENT WORLD!!

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 10:46 AM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

God related to us in the Bible that that part of the world will be in conflict until the end of man's time on earth... It has been true so far, no reason to start thinking there are other reasons popping up now [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 11:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

makes you wonder who is behind the bombing and if they are trying to manipulate the election of our next president?
And why if they are, all this does show though that we are to dependeant on foriegn oil and should start drilling for more of our own.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 12:07 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>I would think they could "manipulate" the outcome of our election much more effectively if Klintoon were up for re-election (remember 1980 anyone?). Bore is trying his best to separate himself from Slick, & Dubya obviously has no connection. No, I think every time matters heat up in Israel, that's when the Arabs start trying to bust our balls - regardless of who's in charge, or who's about to be.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 12:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

It is a big complicated violent world.

The Arab, Muslim countries have been in conflict almost since the beginning of time.

The Clintons have physically and verbally expressed positive feelings toward the Palestinians to a greater degree than toward Israel.

I do not hate the Clintons. Feel sorry for them more than anything else, but I also feel they are totally absorbed in themselves and will spare no expense to satisfy that self aborbation. I also think they are quite capable of justifying in their own minds going to war or selling state secrets to further their misguided agenda.

Even if none of the above is correct the Clintons have conducted themselves and overseen government policy so that these types of fears of conspiracy are considered to be highly likely.

With the current world conditions, the current U.S. political condition, the environment, and yes, even the condition of 4 wheeling, the times have never been more demanding of constant and vigilent awareness. We make a BIG mistake, IMO, by just sitting back and letting life pass by without paying close attention to everything that is going on worldwide.

This is not to say - "Look how bad ... is and how good ... is." Instead it is to say that we should all pay more attention to what is going on around us, because world conditions strongly indicate that something big is about to happen, and there are several things that may well play a part in the "BIG Picture." The Clintons, OPEC, Israel and surrounding area, oil supply, gun control, land closing, various conspiracy theories (not the theories themselves, but the fact that there are so many), Bible prophesy, climate, unrest and distrust, respect for life, condemation of Christian values, promotion of homosexual life style, and on and on.

If we watch these types of things with an OPEN mind, without trying to play "gotcha" or pointing fingers toward "good" or "bad", we may be able to determine the direction that things are likely to go, and thereby make decisions about our personal life that would have a greater likelyhood of producing positive results.

Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack
http://www.CBrack.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 01:02 PM

I know of absolutely no instances of the Clinton administration leaning towards or favoring any extreme palestinian factions, the fact is reagan was much better at Clandestine relationships with extreme and rebel factions of all types, or have we already forgotten Ollie North,
or the presidential protective umbrellas for the Ayotollah,Noriega,and the Contra Costa??????
Now if you really want to push the vitues or issues of over zealouse reiligeouse values being pushed upon a society, hey your looking right at it, in the Muslim Extremists, its just a different religeon, but they believe they are in the right.
Religeouse intollerance has brutaly killed more people, and changed more boundaries on this planet than any other political issue, by far.
By the way I hope youreally dont think that, Clinton is 1st president to get a blow job in the oval office, and he is not Satan in the flesh for doing it.
Damn this [censored] is getting old.

On another, yet similar note, Bush's choice of Dick Chenney as a running mate is looking pretty good right about know, what with a real Mid East Brewhaha in the making.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 01:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Guess what? If we don't stick our nose where it doesn't belong, we don't make enemies and subsequently won't get attacked by terrorists. Those people have been fighting since the beginning of time, and it's awfully arrogant and presumptuous of our "leaders" to think they can solve those folks' problems.

No matter how strong our military is, it's not ever going to prevent terrorist attacks. The only way to do that is to mind our own business and not make enemies. I think we can impartially buy oil from one side over there without getting the other side riled up, but we should start to drill our own oil, just in case (as steelerfan suggested).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode