headers for my cj7w/350 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

headers for my cj7w/350

Im looking to get headers for my cj7 with a chevy 350 but dont know which ones to get. Is there a better one than another? the ones in like 4wd hardware seem kind of exspensive. Is this because they are special for jeeps with this swap...inside frame/or fenderwell???? Can i just get a set for my year 350 and have them work, and just get a custom exhaust?? I see them for like $99 and up but the specialties are like $319 ...just for headers. Any help would be appreciated. Im trying to save some money, as hard as that might be. Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast

Re: headers for my cj7w/350

First question you have to answer is do you want the exhaust inside the frame rails or have fender well headers?

I've got a 327 in my cj7 and I just put on a set of SummitRacing block hugger heads, I think they were like $70 and then ran a custom exhaust.
I did have some problems with the headers and had to dent a couple of the tubes for clearnace...

I think Headman or Hooker also have a set of block huggers that would work...

Luke
'77 CJ7 SOA Chevy 327

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 07:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've got the Hooker blockhugger headers on my 350(stuck in a scrambler)and they fit just fine.They were just over a $100.00 I think.They have the 3/8 flanges and have yet to give me any problems as far as leaks.Getting #1 spark plug out is a bitch,but the rest are accessible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a set of hooker shorties and the driver side won't fit cause of the steering shaft. Even if I was to "dent" it, it wouldn't fit. SO I had to order the ones from 4wd hardware and should have them this week.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 10:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well I have the 4WD Catalog(page 80) and they have them advertised for $139.99 for both in frame and fenderwell headers, which I think is a good price, dont know the quality of them. Now for my 350 I am using flow tech performance headers(they are desing for the chevy camaro and
they are the short type ones), they cost me $99, but I didnt
have the 4wd catalog.
junior

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2000, 12:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine are the super competition series hookers,dont know if that makes a diff. or not.I do know that I didnt have to modify them at all for my steering.I did have some for a camaro that did have to be caved in to fit though.. Maybe engine placement is where the diff. is.I copied the universal A/A universal motor mounts that weld in.I have plenty of room for the hei,and a clutch fan with the long water pump.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 07:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just got my headers from 4wd hardware... WOW. They will defintly fit without a problem. The driver side header which is the problem for me cause of the steering shaft is about 3 inches wide compared to the other ones I had which were like 5 inches.. I will post pictures if needed.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 07:32 AM
cj7jeep

JerseyWheeler are you running inside the frame headers? How about those pics.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 09:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jersey wheeler please post pics. How much were they?

John
89YJ-350V8,35" swampers,etc.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2000, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

inside the frame. I am currently at work, when I work on the jeep tonight I will take some digital pictures and try to email them to you.

By looking at them and how narrow they are, it looks like its worth the money since I won't have to modify them at all.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode