Xtar-Xtra"Hammer's KO H8 in 1st Round" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Xtar-Xtra\"Hammer\'s KO H8 in 1st Round\"

Dateline Oct 7th
Johnson Valley Ca.
In a visiouse 1st round flurry H8monday was floored durring an ongoing grudge match, between his 89 YJ and the Hammer Trails. A combo of "ROCK" solid punches delivered by Outer Limits then Wrecking Ball, left him down for the count. Ringside observers said the X champs lack of punch, seemed to go well with his newly developed glass jaw.
Here is the final talley.
H8monday suffered:
Broken front output yoke(at the T case).
Twisted axle tube at rear axle.
Broken rear slip yoke.
Broken H bar at CV Joint.
Broken rear output flange(at T case).
Wrapped driver side rear spring pack.
Cracked passenger side rear spring perch.
one sliced 35x12.50 SSR tire.
One blow out 35x12.50 SSR tire(while being flat towed home).
Destroyed one 15x10 steel wheel(durring blow out).
Smashed thumb.
2 hangovers.
1/2 dozen drill bits, broken EZ out,sand in air drill, etc.
Observers stated that some glimpses of the X champs agility, were at least still present,in the form of the new knuckle over steering, as H8 was able to mauever some impressive if not meekish 180 turns, to facilitate a couple of unimpressive scampers back down the trail, under his own power.
The Hammers were untouched,unimpressed and barely recognized the H8monday was even in the ring.
H8 however vowed to train harder and return quickly to the ring for a rematch, and was heard to boldly claim "Ill be back to kick some Hammer Trail @$$, you just wait!!!".

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 03:28 PM

Re: Xtar-Xtra\"Hammer\'s KO H8 in 1st Round\"

Jeff,, (Picking self up from floor laughing),,,, you should have been a writer. Better luck next time and take no names. You always have an interesting post[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].
GP'n

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 03:31 PM

Geeze...I hope you took pictures [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] So will you be posting a "Need moral support" thread in the near future?

Restoring a '74 DJ-5C [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] It was running good, so I messed with the carb to make it run better. Now it wont run at all! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 03:33 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] VERY well written H8.......being "humbled" by the Hammers can do strange things to people, but I don't expect this to put a decimal point on YOUR inventiveness nor YOUR resourcefullness. This last experience was just to let you know that: "It isn't for the faint-of-heart, OR the easily discouraged."[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] A while back I was under the CJ contemplating the rear axle and what can be done with a Model 20, and a few things occurred to me that may be applicable to ALL cast-center welded tube rear axles.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] What you have to think about is taking the torque off the welded tube spots and transfer it from the cast center section to the springs. That way, the tubes will not know any torque is being transmitted. So how about a crosspiece that grabs piggy's nose and hooks to the spring pads or the spring pack itself???[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]E-mail a FAX number and I'll FAX a sketch to you.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 04:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

next year we'll tag-team them.. i'll be ready ...i'll start training
right after i lick my tellico wounds for 4 months or so...

~~Elusive~~
tj-7..tellico tested, uwharrie safaried, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]..see it at http://www.jeepgod.net
oh yeah, and a 2000 tj, 4.0, dana 44, nv3550
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 04:39 PM

Sorry to hear about the beating you took there H8. I did hear a story about you and anther Jeeper fixing a busted oil pan on a XJ though.

John
95.5 YJ with "stuff"
94 GMC Z71 without "stuff"
http://SonsofThunder4x4.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it really wsnt that bad, i just hate to sit on the sidelines. Especialy when a couple of the Toyotas that I used wheel with were there, and we just dont get to wheel that often together anymore.
Once we were out of the game though, we were just having a good time and trying to help anyone else out wherever we could.
I expect the Jeep to be done by this weekend. I bought all of the drive line stuff today, and should have power to all 4 corners by tonight. The axle is scheduled to pressed apart on Wednesday and back together the same day, that leaves me Thursday evening to fab an anti wrap bar,(and I already have some time on a rack donated to me).
My MRT wheels are supposed to be in tomorrow, so Ill buy a new tire. And I should be ready to run the Hammers this weekend.
Even though we broke early and often this weekend, I cant complain, Ive had a very good summer of reliable wheelin with almost no problems.
Jeepchick and I had a great time,sippin(sometimes guzzeling)Cocktails, barbequing, listening to music, and enjoyed getting the Motorhome out again.
I also did VERY well at the raffle on Saturday night,(one of the prizes was a $350 Tom Woods Gift Certificate that will come in handy). And I sang one heck of a rendition of Marty Robbin's "El Passo",(dont ask). All in all a very good weekend.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 08:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sorry to hear about that H8.. but maybe if you would have opened your eyes (had those round headlights) you might have seen some of those knock out blows coming.. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

<font color=orange>survival is instinct, but living takes guts</font color=orange>

http://www.jeepgod.net
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jeff, ROTHFLMAO. Great write up. Train a little hard, then go back and kick
a$$ on the HAMMERS. Good luck this weekend. I'll be at Los Coyotes as part of the clean up effort.

Gary
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 06:40 AM
Matt M38A1

I laughed...I cried....I laughed some more...I got funny looks from co-workers!

Can't wait to read the sequel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode