Wire going to Intake Manifold on CJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Wire going to Intake Manifold on CJ

I have a red wire (disconnected) going right below the carb to the intake manifold. Is this some type of fuel warmer? If so, do they work or should i just leave it disconnected. My 4.2 has a tendency to stall in gear (auto) until it is warmed up in the colder months, so i am game for anything that will help. I already did the TR upgrade. I have an aftermarket chrome air cleaner, so the stock heat riser is non-existent.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 10:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wire going to Intake Manifold on CJ

Weasel, your profile gives no information at all, and from your post I don't know what year your CJ is. There is a fuel vapor heater on my 90 YJ and is part of an intricate array of thermal switches and valves that keep the engine performing properly and withing emission standards. Check to make sure you have a heat riser (from your exhaust) up to the air cleaner housing and that the proper vents are opening up to allow the hotter air into the carb while it's warming up and check the choke as well. Do you have the stepper motor BBD?
Good luck.
-Gus-

90YJ 4.2L NV4500 456:1 33's Twin ARB's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 09:18 AM
Journeyman

Re: Wire going to Intake Manifold on CJ

Yes, this is a manifold heater. On my 82 CJ7 there is a relay taped to the main harness left of the master cylinder (looking from the front) and a temp sender (green wire I think) in the manifold also. Every year I would have to pull the sender wire, crimp it closed slightly and re-install it to get the system to work again.

GM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode