OT-Boy Scouts under attack - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

OT-Boy Scouts under attack

Found this on the Zuki BBS, and as a former member of the Scouts, it Pi$$e$ me off to no end. Please send your support.

"The Politically Correct groups are after the Boy Scouts. The "Bigoted Scout Of America" (a spin off of BSA)and "stop Teaching Hate", this is unreal. Morals and value's taught in the Boyscouts are viewed as bigotry??????????
Here's a link to a petition, check it out at http://www.grassfire.net/index1.asp?CID=2&PID=25490"

Voice your opinion, please.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 08:26 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT-Boy Scouts under attack

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Where have you BEEN??? The California contingent of the democratqueers would NOT let the scouts into the convention hall for the flag ceremony during the homosexual-controlled democrap national convention in homosexual-controlled LA which is in homosexual-controlled California. There has been endless pressure by the queers to get homo leaders amongst the scouts, and the homos even pressured many corporations into pulling financial support from the scouts and they have also pressured the cities to kick scouts out of public buildings. THIS SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING about where the US is going at this point in time. algore has already promised the homos the "keys to the kingdom" in exchange for their votes. You would NEVER believe how completely the homosexual agenda has been placed into STATE LAW here in CA by the homosexual-controlled democrap majority in the state capital, and the press has been TOTALLY silent. There is an assemblyman running for reelection here in CA who has repeatedly cast the deciding vote to implement pro-homo laws and nobody EVEN KNOWS IT! Thank goodness one year from today our Jeeps will be on the road heading outa here for the last time, hopefully BEFORE God loses his patience and judges this state for it's perversion, judges the churches for not speaking out, and judges the good folks for ignoring the danger signs which have been all around but they were only concentrating on their paychecks. It's hard to really give you the complete picture because it's so outrageous, but if you look back in history, nations that fell to perversion soon fell to their enemies.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Sorry, Dave, I've been up here. We're a little behind the times, why just this morning I finally got last years snowfall.

We also don't get a lot of media up here, heck, the highlight of the paper (page 1) has an article on how Jim is doing with his new apple orchard.

Just goes to show you how timeless some issues can be.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 02:48 PM

We are sending any funds that would have gone to the United Way, to the Boy Scouts.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

My Jeep is a work in progress, Happy Trails
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 04:29 PM

My self being an active eagle scout and SPL of a boyscout troop I'm appaled, I think this is a crazy thing, my personal oppinon is that they should be let in but kicked out if there is a problem IE hitting on boys or mullestation. This publicty sucks. The united way donations really don't make much of a difference where I'm located so screw them, we will still have the boyscouts no matter what and This issue doesn't really effect me personally since I'm a straight arrow.

'95 YJ, I-6, Auto, Open Diffs, Soney stero, 215/75R15 GoodYear At's, Completly Stock, Getting tow hooks, Have big plans, lock right, 6" toatal lift 36 swampers, D44's
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2000, 05:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] It's not always wise to assume: "This issue doesn't affect me because........." That can be like saying: "Well, the fire is on the first floor and I'm on the fifteenth floor, so I won't concern myself." LUCKILY....some others out there DO feel that this is a threat, and the Scouts Honor Act of 2000, sponsored by Janet LaRue, legal director at Family Research Council will be voted on by Congress this coming year. The bill forbids government agencies from forcing the scouts to take leaders whose beliefs or practices are are inconsistent with the Scouts' beliefs. It also forbids state or local governments that contract with the feds from denying the scouts access to any government facilities. This will be a strong statement of support for the scouts, protecting their federal charter established by Congress in 1910. These queer-activists have forgotten that not all kings of industry are the like jellyfishes who have caved in to the homo pressure; some are former Eagle Scouts who don't take this assualt on the scouts very kindly. Chase Manhattan Bank got an earful from some of their big investors and quickly rescinded their anti-scout homo-appeasement plans to end scout funding.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 08:32 AM
Robert87yj

It is really sick that the govt. is trying to keep the boyscouts out of some places. Let the homos rant and rave, my opinion as an eagle scout, got mine 7 years ago. I wouldn't want my kid alone with one in the woods for a week. I think that most of the parents of the boyscouts would feel the same as I do. The boyscouts are a "private" organization. They should start the homo scouts. My dad said that one of the women where he works is a girscout leader. She asked why the boyscouts didn't wan't the gays. Simple response. "How you feel if your little girl was in the woods with a known, practicing lesbian." Oh, she says.

I'm not a "homophobe." I know gays that have partners and aren't perverted, they just play for the wrong team. But there are those who are perverts and ecentric. I wouldn't want to put any kid in a situation where he had to confront a gay situation with out the guidence of his parents, especially some of the younger scouts. It's just not a good idea.

Why don't the gays who want to be boy scout leaders, try to join the girlscouts as a leader. I'd like to see the press try to explain why all the little brownies and girlscouts' mothers and fathers would have to explain why it was "OK" to have a man take them into the woods for a week.

Robert87yj[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
4.2 w/<font color=blue>(4.0 head & MPI)</font color=blue>
Process of a moonguy after beer
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Disgusting! I sent it to about 30 people! I thought that that's what private orgaizations were about. Now the PC and the govt. freaks get tell everyone that a goodwill and moral PRIVATE organization has no right to set it's own standards? I don't want to have the homo agenda rammed down my throat. There is a reason normal men get queasy at the thought of two men kissing...it's not natural.

Steve M
1976 CJ-7, 304, TH400, Q-Trac, 4:10's, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT's, rotten floorboards, cheesy aluminum tub overlay, you get the idea....

"Heavy guns - Reach out and touch someone"
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2000, 01:07 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Each United Way campaign is different. They tried to pressure our local group into no longer providing Boy Scouts funding. The group basically said, "FU" & will continue to support the Scouts.</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode