Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   You think Jeep would know better (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/4115-you-think-jeep-would-know-better.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 01-24-2000 04:38 AM

You think Jeep would know better

Some friends andd I went to the Barret Jackson auction on saturday to look at all the cars we'll never be able to afford. A lot of nice Mopar muscle cars this year. Any way if anyone was there Saturday evening they'd probably remember us we were the ones offroading the golfcart and crawling under all the trucks. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anyway I have a point. The event was sponsered by the good people at Chrysler and the first thing we say when we entered the Chrysler tent was the new Power Wagon, it's one impressive machine. I crawled under it and inspected every inch and I'm in love, except for one thing... Is it just me or has Dodge been screwing up axles since '72? Unit bearings, vaccuum disconnects, c-clips, ect. This vehichular work of art had 785 ftlbs of torque and a 9 1/4 c clip rearend. What gives? My buddy is on his 5th rear end in his dodge and it only has a 360. Besides that it was an awesome machine and I'd love to see it in my driveway. Also on display was the Jeep Commander concept, Basically a concept Grand Cherokee. I was sad to see it sporting four wheel independent suspension. It was however a nice setup, long a arms with real coilovers. I know independent suspensions are coming for Jeep soon but I hope the leave the Wrangler alone, there's no subsitute for straight axles. Ah yes my point. They had a wall of pictures of all the Jeep models they had an old picture of a short nose CJ5 with an interesting caption, 1957 Willys CJ3B. You think the good people at Jeep could identify their own models. I looked for a representive to harass but lost interest. Then when I went and looked at the vehichles up for auction and spotted a '60 CJ2A, I think it was one of those rare 2a's made to look like a 3a and shipped through time.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I know it's stupid picky stuff but I thought I'd throw it out there. Another nice thing about the Chrysler sponsership was the 4'x12' JEEP banners they had zip tied to the fence, looks bitchin on my wall. Happy Jeepin
Travis

xjy173 01-24-2000 05:16 PM

Re: You think Jeep would know better

Those who were running the auction were probably Dodge or Chrysler men and they don't probably know much about Jeeps and their history. <font color=blue> Long Live Karl Probst!!</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]