Weber jets - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 04:12 PM
Mudman

Weber jets

Installed a weber carb from 4wd hardware on a buddys jeep this weekend and it isnt running right. Everything points to the idle jets being the wrong size, does anyone know where to order jets. We have called around and no one seems to know where we can pick any up. Need help this is his daily driver, 86' Cj7 W/rebuilt 258.

if its clean, I aint having fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 04:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Weber jets

http://www.webercarburetors.com

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 08:58 PM

Good Luck on finding the Jets. It took me 6 months to find mine. I had to go up in the idle jet sizwe. Getting the new size got rid of the bog under acceleration. IF I find the address of the guy I ordered mine from, I'll pass it along.
I think my Jets came from Fast Freddie's in Ca. I want to say Long Beach or Ventura. Maybe some one from Ca. can fill in the blanks. Everyone else wanted a minumium order of 20 bucks plus shipping for a 5 dollar idle jet. I could not find any info from when I ordered them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 09:04 PM
mindbender

You might want to do the search in the archives. I picked up a link early last Fall - just about a year ago and ordered some jets. The jets were set for the year, model, modficiation, etc. that I had made. Good Luck.

Mindbender 85CJ7 I258 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 40 head ported polished [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Jacobs [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 31" [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 999 insulated hard top
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 09:37 PM
Can't Get Enough

To check the size of the idle jets, warm the engine up and set the idle mixture screw so the highest idle is achieved. Then, raise the idle speed to 2500 rpm with the base idle stop screw. Now if you turn the mixture screws in, and it revs up, the idle jets are too big. If you turn the idle jets out, and it revs up, they are too small. Sometimes you can swap the primary idle jets with the secondary jets, as the secondary idle jets don't do a whole lot (bring in the secondaries smoother) Old Pinto's used the same jets, and just about all Fiats. You can also look at some '80's Dodge K cars, as they use the same jets.

To buy new ones, there is a place locally called B.A.P. Geon, (British Auto Parts) which is a weber dealer, they get about $1. ea.
You might also want to try a motorcycle shop, as Webers were popular.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 10:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

for webber carb parts try Fast Freadies he is a vw parts house but he has eveything for weber carbs and realy knows his stuff when i set up my duel webbers on my sand rail he got me all the part for high alt and got it right on the first try no outher rejetting nedded i foun his add in the back of a hot vw mag good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode