OT- A Coloradan's reaction to "Mud Fest" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 12:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT- A Coloradan\'s reaction to \"Mud Fest\"

First let me say this, I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING THE ACTIONS OF WILLIE B! I just want to point out that one bad action negates every good thing you have ever done.

I listen to KPBI (one of the only rock stations left in the area), and over the last year the DJ Willie B has actually done some GOOD things for the area. He organized a cleanup of an area called Left Hand Canyon, an area with some good 4 wheeling, but now has become a illegal dumping site. Despite over 50 people coming out and filling a couple dumpsters and a bunch of pickups with trash, there was no real positive press about this event.

After a big fire in the mountains out side of Denver this past spring, Willie raised some $20,000 for the victims, but no one seemed to care.

Now then he goes and rounds up every "Bubba" in the state and trashes the wetlands above Neterland, one of my favorite 4 wheeling spots. Damn that makes me F$#^$^$ pissed! As a 4 wheeling community we have to BEG for good press and this guy threw all of his positive actions out the window in one afternoon. Granted he didn't act alone. there where 199 other morons with huge tires and small brains helping him out. But with media types looking to cover only controversial issues you better bet this was going to make the headlines.

Now I've read the other posts regarding this topic and I think we are all in agreement that this public figure (dare I say celebrity) screwed up big time. The question is now what do we do. If they throw the book at him, this will only give more ammunition to the "greennies" for their closed land campaign. However if they let him go, no justice has been served.

I'd personally like to charge him with the duty of rounding up a work party for a couple of weekends to fix the land he damaged. Willie B said that he would do what it takes to make things right. If he doesn't back up his word, let that a$$ hole fry!

My name is Ted, and I'm a Jeep-a-holic. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 10:10 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: OT- A Coloradan\'s reaction to \"Mud Fest\"

I think that he should be charged with inciting a riot! A person in his position has a duty with the FCC not to promote such uncalled for illegal acts. Wait until their F.C.C. license is up for renewal. I was in Denver today, and made a point of turning off KBPI. Switched to 97.3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode