opinion on 95 "S" model YJ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Addict

opinion on 95 \"S\" model YJ?

Does anybody have anything good/bad to say about this Jeep? I looked at it and drove it tonight. I'm thinking about buying it, but wanted to get some opinions first. It has a 2.5L, 5sp, soft-top, tilt, power steering, back seat,some sort of steel wheel factory upgrade, no accessories, all stock. They're asking $9000, I think it's a little high.

If your kidneys don't hurt, it's not a real Jeep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 11:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: opinion on 95 \"S\" model YJ?

unless the jeep is in showroom condition, and has less than 10,000 miles on it, i wouldn't pay $9000, probably not eve 8 grand for a stock YJ thats 5 years old...the TJs are flooding the market now, and you can get a 97 with 50,000 miles on it, 4 cyl, 5speed for abot 7 or 8 grand here in FL...

mike

If you cant DODGE it, JEEP it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 05:14 AM
jeepfreak

Yep, that price is high. shop around more you can do much better than that.

JACOB
81 cj5 WITH SOA/SR/302
2000 TJ

Confuscious said:
"The wise man takes the path of least resistance"
I say:
"Confucious didn't know jack about Jeeps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 07:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just bought a '95 SE, 5 speed, 2.5l, w/ hardtop, and dealer is throwing in a softtop, 100% stock, for $10,500. It had 40,000 miles on it, and that price was a littl below book value. Of course I paid more cause I got it at a dealer. They did replace my catalytic converter, and speedometer sensor for free, since both were found to be defective, after I bought it (the advantage of buying from a dealer).

'95 Wrangler YJ - in transition
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 08:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I paid that for my 95 two years ago. Mine had Tuffy storage boxes all around also. It's tough to find a decent used Jeep in that price range around here in SC. Some tired old CJ's or almost brand new TJ's that some yuppie decided to trade back in for a Land Rover are all that's around. Why don't you go to the library and copy the NADA price and show it to the owner. I also got mine for $2500 under the asking price because of the 2.5, as they aren't as popular as the 4.0. Lots of folks don't like the 4 cyl. or the square headlights, but my Jeep is perfect for what I want it to do. let me know if you bought it, and buy a swb sticker for your Jeep!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 10:30 AM
sas87yj

for starters i would go to http://www.kellybluebook.com and enter milage and other items it has and see what it comes up with.

this would be a dealer price if it were in exlnt condition which no used rig is. this will give you an idea on the $9000 price!

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i put in 50000 miles and got $10495

will you know you gotta make him an offer! try $7500!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 12:31 PM
Wrangler88

Last december i found a 95 "s" wrangler, 2.5L stick, 60K miles and all it needed was a radiator and i payed $5700 for it, and it was in mint shape and completely stock, remember the "S" is that pretty much the base model with no options so it can't cost that much because they don't really give u that much, and also, i liked the "S" model because i can costomize everything myself.. anyway have a good one!

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd / 31"BFG AT's
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

kellybluebook always seems to have prices on the high side. http://www.edmunds.com prices are more reasonable in my opinion. Of cousre it depends on if your buying or selling.

A Wrangler S is a stripped down base model with few (if any) options available. It was created to compete with the low priced imports. It uses the same parts as the standard Wrangler.

The price seems a little high for around here. Listed in today's paper are the following;
95 4 cyl 5spd hard top mags cd 66,000 $8700
95 5spd cd 59,000 $8500/offer
94 5spd cd sound bar alloy $7700

jerry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode