CJDave? Get a New Email address? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJDave? Get a New Email address?

Just wondering if you happen to change emails yet?

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'79 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 10:34 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: CJDave? Get a New Email address?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Nope.....we are still right where we were.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I have been giving some thought to your engine stalling-when-hot problem, and my considered opinion is that you may be running without the fuel return system working properly. The fuel is supposed to be pumped in a circle and the excess that the engine doesn't use flows back to the tank. By doing that, it helps keep the fuel lines cool and flush out bubbles that would otherwise expand and cause VAPOR LOCK at high temps and especially at HIGH ALTITUDES. You should be running the three-port fuel filter and the smaller return port should be rolled to the top to catch bubbles.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Check on that and get back to me.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 10:42 PM

Do you have a part number or application to tell the person at the parts store when I'd go to get one of those 3 port filters or do I just ask for a 3 port fuel filter? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 03:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

It is the stock replacement filter for most all of the 258 I have ever seen. I can tell you for a fact that you can go in and ask for the stock replacement filter for a 1979 CJ-5 with a 258 and it will be that filter. I do not have the part # cause I have a 357 chev. But I have helped work on three of the 258 for various years and they have all had the same filter. I think all of them had the same filter but only worked on three.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 09:57 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] That is a NAPA 3040 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quadra-Trac Team.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 10:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Muddynut,
Seems like I remember mentioning that to you when I was at your house. Remember the steel line that was connected to nothing. I told you that was your fuel return line. Get the three nipple filter. Face the perpindicular nipple up when you install the filter. Connect that to the steel line I showed you and you will be good to go. You shoulda done this long ago.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode