JACOBS IGNITION OWNERS... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2000, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

JACOBS IGNITION OWNERS...

Jacobs ignitions has been sold!!
The company that bought it, (The name escapes me now) makes OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) electric window stuff, electric door locks, ect. (crap like that)

With any luck, maybe there will be a change, and you will get some customer service!!
Hopefully, they will pump a little money into what was a borderline bankrupt company and make something of it.
(bankrupt in more ways than one!!)

I hear there is a big reorganization going on, and there are already some redesigns happening!!
All encouraging! Good news to one and all!

Lets wait and see if the guys that have problems get any customer service!! That will be the tell of the tail....

Later folks!

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 06:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: JACOBS IGNITION OWNERS...

I have to tell you TR, I'm really glad that something is changing over there. I have had nothing but problems with a $400 #$#$%$#%^ upgrade that just sits on my fender and does nothing. The worst of it is the great reviews that Off-road gives - especially the ones posted on their website - to a product with no support, that's overpriced, temperamental, and unable to function in the environment for which it was designed. I could go off for a freakin' hour on this subject. I never would have bought it if not for the crap reviews that I read. Well, I really hope that things do change. Thanx for the tip. I wish I would have known about you three years ago. I may have saved myself a headache and a bunch of money.

84 CJ-7/258,Weber 38,Jacob's Omni Mag,flowmaster,3.5" SL,32" BFGMT, Superior 1 peas
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 08:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've had the Pro Street on my TJ for a year,really no improvement over stock that i can feel,except maybe it idles a little smoother.At least it hasn't given me any problems.When it goes-i wont be replacing it.Just keeping it because i spent so much time making a place to install it!

'98TJ Sahara,stays on the porch,too little to run w/the big dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 10:47 PM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

EVERY Jacobs ignition that I have heard of being installed on a Toyota 4 cylinder motor was returned within a month - without fail. All claimed not a single imcrease in ANYTHING, and some report decreases in performance. Now I know the Toyota factory ignition is a pretty good unit to start with, but that sure does say something about the supposed "performance gains" of the Jacobs ignition IMHO...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2000, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Get what you pay for... GO MSD!!
Get a free catalog that doesn't lie to you...
(They don't lie, but they will overstate things sometimes...)
Their catalog/ magizine is REAL informative too, you will learn a lot.
Get a free catalog from their web site, http://www.msdignition.com
The web site has a ton of good information on it too.

"I Have The Body Of A God... Buddha"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode