any tips on v-8 swap? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

any tips on v-8 swap?

hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on swapping my 4cyl out for a 350. I now have a 1984 cj7 with a 4cyl, t5 tranny, and d 300 t/c. I just bought a 1982 cj7 today with a chevy 350, th400 tranny and a d300 t/c already in it, for only $550 . It is rusted and has cracked frame, but plenty of other parts I can use. . Very happy on this, motor and everything else runs great. I just wondered if there were any tech tips you guys might have before i drop it in. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance, jon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 09:08 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: any tips on v-8 swap?

I would just take measurements from your new truck. Do a side by side swap. Take the motor out of the new one and immediatly put it in the old one. Do the same for the trans and transfer case. The reason to do this, is that the 350 might be moved forward or backward from the original location. If that is the case, your whole drivetrain will have to be moved as well. If you just do a direct swap of all driveline components, you shouldn't have any problems. Hope this helps. Also remember to use the radiator from the 350. Yours will not cool it enough.

Keith

ITS GOOD ENOUGH [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 10:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: any tips on v-8 swap?

Thanks for the advice. I will be using the 350, th400 and d300tc from the jeep i just bought to swap right in mine. As for the radiator, the guy before me had bought a brand new rad for a 360ci and had the outlets swapped to the other side so it would fit in the right spot. Thanks again i appreciate it. Jon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode