OT guns - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 02:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT guns

Maybe if we paint them red, pink, or maybe yellow they won't be scared, it's their colors after all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 09:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

To add to 45's post...

The whole media blaming "Assault Rifles" cracks me up as well. Seems like they've found a word that sounds ominous and strikes fear into the hearts of anti-gunners. An "assult rifle" in it's basic form is a semi-auto rifle, short-barreled perhaps with a muzzle break or flash suppressor, maybe a black handguard or bipod, etc. Oooh, it's still a single shot rifle like any other rifle. They make it sound like it is a full-auto, spray the area with bullets like the movies! I guess ignorance is bliss and it helps sell their misguided agenda. Like the other guys have said, there is a lenghty process to be able to possess a working machine gun. Maybe if they put more efforts into making people responsible for their own actions instead of blaming guns, society, their parents, etc.

Join the NRA! I love this one cause it cuts to the chase...
"64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday"

So we should all be penalized for the actions of a few stupid criminals? I think not. Vote Bush in boys! Gore scares the hell out of me!

Steve M
1976 CJ-7, 304, TH400, Q-Trac, 4:10's, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT's, rotten floorboards, cheesy aluminum tub overlay, you get the idea....

"Heavy guns - Reach out and touch someone"
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 02:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Smokngun, the reason I used the word "banned" was that they are effectively.
I know a number of people who have applied for those "permits" from the BATF
and have been flat out refused. They are vets with honorable discharges and
no criminal record of any kind. The feds just delay and put up so many road
blocks that the average person doesn't have the time or resources to fight them.
For all intents and purposes full autos are banned. Many others just refuse to
apply because of the feds ability to "invade your home" at any time to inspect.

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2000, 03:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gary,
I don't know about that. I live near a FFL that deals more in MG's to Civilians than to Law Enforcement. He does several million in MG's a year.
The ATF cannot deny your application (Form 4) for no reason. Part of the Form 4 process, you need the CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) in your city or town to sign the Form 4 before it goes to the BATF. This is where people usually get denied. The CLEO can refuse to sign without a reason.

After you get a CLEO sign off, the process takes about 90 days. You need to pay a $200 NFA Tax. Your NFA Tax stamp is then sent to your FFL, you can then pickup the NFA weapon with the Tax stamp.

Also, the private ownership of Machine Guns does not invalidate your 4th ammendment rights (illeagle search and seizure). You only give up your 4th ammendment rights if you get an FFL. But a Form 4 is NOT an FFL.

So in essence, there is no Machine Gun Permit unless you count the Class 3 FFL. Civilian ownership of a MG simply falls under the NFA of 1934.

Here is a link to my web page that has a detailed process of how to purchase a machinegun.

http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/7090/howtobuy.htm

Jay C.

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five?
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2000, 04:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Several million a day is an average of roughly 3 a day every day. That's at $2,000 each. Seems like alot of civillian MG's. Don't mind me I just like to question numbers. I also question authority. Seriously the only bottom line here is to get out and VOTE, encourage all you know who are like minded to also VOTE.
Favorite caliber: 22-250
Favorite gun: Gunsite 45auto
See you at the polls!!!!!

"When in doubt go faster"
'64 CJ5, 351W, T-18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode