2" Procomp Lift For 2000 TJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 02:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2\" Procomp Lift For 2000 TJ

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Tj Sahara and want to lift it and put on larger tires. Does anyone out there know what is the maximum tire size that will fit under the Procomp 2" lift kit? I want to put 325/60/15 BFG's Mud Terrains mounted on 15x10" Alcoa Challenger Wheels. I want to make sure before I buy the parts that I don't run into trouble with rubbing. Also, Is gearing neccessary to turn the 325's? Thanks in advance.

SAMUGUY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 11:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2\" Procomp Lift For 2000 TJ

you won't "need" gears. I have a TJ SE 5speed with 33's and a 3" lift. no gears.

Don't get Procomp.

Chevy - built like a ROCK.
Jeep - built to drive OVER rocks.

1997 TJ w/ 33's
1984 CJ7 V8 SOA w/35's or 39's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/
www.jeepeast.com/overmost
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 02:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I installed a 3" TeraFlex S3T suspension system on Project TJ. It actually gave us nearly 4" of lift. We're running 33" BFG M/Ts on 15x8 American Racing wheel with i believe 3.5" of backspacing. The only rubbing we have is at FULL articulation, the front BFG will slightly bite the flare, but not enough to be concerned about...I'm going to try to post a pic to show you what i mean....hope it works...

later,
mike

If you cant DODGE it, JEEP it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-224640-TJ2.jpg (39.0 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 02:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whoops! wrong pic, sorry, here's the one where it is actually eating the fender...well...just maybe nibbling a bit...but the bumpstop is fully planted on the axle! Oh, and as far as gearing, This is a Sahara, with the 4.0L 6, and has 3.03s in the pumpkins and the 3 speed automatic! It does just fine around town, although gas mileage has gone to $hit...the highway isnt much better, and it cant decide on which gear it wants to be in...struggle in third or screaming in second...I sure wish Currie would hurry up on the new AXLES!!!! As far as wheeling, if it starts to struggle...thats why low range (2.72:1) was invented!

mikey

If you cant DODGE it, JEEP it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9-224644-TJ1.jpg (44.6 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode