Are DRM and INFANTRYJ Married? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 04:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are DRM and INFANTRYJ Married?

Man,
The way you boys are gettin all hot and bothered you'd think your married or something.

BTW ... Kind of hard to take serious advice from someone married barely a year without kids. There are somethings that can never be mutually agreed on. Don't confuse a mutual decision with the other side agreeing to something he/she does not want(i.e. agreeing for the sake of being agreeable). Eventually the tension will build up and things will blow (kind of like driving in 4wd on dry pavement. You can do it but if you do it long enough it will damage the case).

Bakes
83 Scrambler
90 Bronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 04:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Are DRM and INFANTRYJ Married?

Interesting observation. So that means that everything said by us guys that have been married a bunch of years and have a couple kids should be taken as gospel?! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This is technically "On Topic" since it covers a vital aspect of jeeping......How do you get your wife to go along with your jeep addiction? I wouldn't want to live without either, but it seems that occasionally they just don't mix. I don't think I should have to give up what I enjoy in life because my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm. If she had her way I would be driving a sensible, economical car like a civic or a jetta. Instead I drive a jeep that puts a big grin on my face almost everytime I drive it. Our solution was separate "car funds." She could get whatever she wanted with hers and I could build whatever I want on mine as long as we stayed within the alloted amounts. We still don't mutually agree and probably never will, but at least we have kind of worked out a deal.

"Interesting observation. So that means that everything said by us guys that have been married a bunch of years and have a couple kids should be taken as gospel?!"

Nope, just means you've been around a while. I take everything I hear with a grain of salt, somethings more than others. I've found that I don't come close to living the ideal life I preached about 10 years ago. I used to have DRM's point of view, but things change in life. Once you figure out who you are and what makes you you, you get a little defensive when someone tries to take a piece of what makes you out of your life (confusing?). Some things just can't be made as a mutual decision....the trick is to figure out which things are worth standing up for and insisting go your way. Someday maybe I'll be there.

Anyways, enough......Different strokes for different folks. Take it easy my friends...

Bakes
83 Scrambler
90 Bronco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 05:34 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Do cats, dogs, rabbits, and jeeps count as kids? If yes, then it should be taken as gospel, if not, to heck with you all, I'm taking my computer and going home.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7" Lift/33" Swampers/REP 8000/RS9000's/Scout II D44's F&R w/4.10's & Lockrights
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 07:16 PM

You guys werent paying attention to Infantry's post very well, or you would know, that they(Infantry and DRM) wouldnt be fighting if they were married, Duhhhhhh, pay attention guys.
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO, you dont need to fight and argue to have a healthy relationship. I lived through one of those kind of healthy relationships already, and I divorced it. Kathy and I have very similar interests, so we do not start out too far apart on mosts of our stands. It helps that she loves to wheel and camp, she grew up in a family that has been wheelin Jeeps for 35 years, her father was a guide on the Rogue River for 20 years, and shes not affraid of work, tools or dirt. I taught her how to change a front axle U joint, she taught me how to sew nylon webbing on her sewing machine. And no Im not pu$$y whipped, for which ever idiot thinks that that has to be the case. And yes I am very argumentative natured, you will not hear a disagreement on that from any of the hundreds of men I have on my construction crews. At work, its my way, or you better have a very good alternative. But, I just dont need to fight with Jeepchick, we discuss opposing issues, we both make concessions when necessary, and sometimes we just drop it and discuss it later if its not an urgent issue.
We have been together for almost 5 years and we both have kids from 6 years old to 21 years old. We dont look to the bible, Dr. Freued, or Dr Suess, for our relationship guidance. If that seems to hard to fathom for all of you wanta be marriage counselors...TO BAD, live with it. But it is fact. The "must fight to be happy, theory" is, in my opinion, just a personal introspective.

Jeff
89 Wrangler
I take my Jeep "On the Rocks",usually "With a Splash of Addrenalin"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 07:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was just joking around with the post, you are abolutely right Jeff. After 15 years my wife still puts up with me and all my weird obsessions and directions. She HATES rock crawling, so that kind of wheeling gets done with guys that like that stuff. She loves trail riding in the mountains, so her and the kids go along on that. Oh geez, I just caught myself, I can just see this thread turning into us all spilling our guts about our relationships with our wives and girlfriends. Oh well, just do like my screen saver says, "I just do what the little voices tell me to do...go Jeeping!!!!!"

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
http://www.off-road.com/land
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 07:50 PM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

H8Monday, not to be rude, but since you already failed at one marriage, how does that make you an expert on what works?

I wish some of you would get your heads out of the sand and get a reality check. Disagreement is a normal part of any relationship. Period.

I just love it when some of you are so self worshiping that you can honestly say that your opinion on this is right, and thousands of years of relationships, all of those who have studied it, and the Bible are all wrong.

Oh well, you just keep believing whatever you want [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 07:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Three statements that indicate trouble is brewing:
1. "With all due respect..."
2. "No offense, but..."
3. "Not to be rude..."

Currently looking for corporate sponsors for jeep improvements...will sell advertising space on jeep, will also sell soul/body...make an offer.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 08:07 PM
DRM
Keyboard Implanted

You know, I thought about that right after I posted - but no, trouble is not brewing. No more from me on this one - promise [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I hope we are all mature enough to realize this is just a discussion - no hatred involved, we just move on to another topic and we all live hapily ever ever [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 08:11 PM

Cmon DRM,

I thought your first post was assnine enough, but then you keep following! I can see why you have such a "great" marriage, you thrive on the conflict here so much so, that your too tired to fight at home!

How long have you been married and how many kids do you have?

if the sum of the answers for the above question < 10 then you are out of line buddy!

lets talk about Jeeps, keep your relationship/religion/foot odor/financial/ hair style opinons, on some other BBS.

OzarkJeep

"I cant wait on a compromise, Id rather loose on my own."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode