Does anybody name their Jeeps? - Page 4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 07:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Does anybody name their Jeeps?

I guess I come from a line of car namers too. Even my Grand pappy had names for his stuff. One I recall was usualy named S.O.B. while he was working on it.
Had a VW beatle that was an original hippie bug when my sister had it and named it SADIE. (and gas was only mere pocket change a gallon) But SADIE was born again as a porche killing, surf board toting, beach bum bug. The moniquer stayed just the same (it fit).
A Mustang in Hawaii I had for years was SANDY, mainly due to my friends constant referal to all the sand we dragged into it from the beach.
Finally, my current project is my BBS handle - LITTLE FOOT. AN 87 wrangler about to be reborn. Unfortunately the gestation period will rival anything known to nature. But I'm a patient man.

Tread lightly and stop to smell the roses - Traveler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 08:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wilma, First Jeep was Betty. Now I have Wilma.

post #33 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 08:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my little sis started calling my jeep 'Monster Bite'
she says it looks like a big monster came up out of the swamp, grabbed the jeep, took a big bite, bounced it around a little and put it back down.
i wish i had her imagination

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 09:55 PM

I call mine the bee, because its black and yellow. Today I called the piece of %7$^$^* sh*t, because when I crawled under it to change the pinion seal, I realized I had an axle leak on the drivers side and that I needed some pinion bearings too!!

JUST EMPTY EVERY POCKET

post #35 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 10:21 PM

I've never named a vehicle before, but I usually come up with some creative names for them when I have to work on one of em. Usually along the line of some of the ones other people mentioned like POS no good non running f$%k etc. I take care of them but it is still no fun laying under them in the mud with sh&t falling in your eyes.

post #36 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 10:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I believe I just got the idea my CJ7's name was "Issues" it kinda got this name because I had so many Issues to deal with when i got it.. to even get the damn thing to run without it dieing the next minutes.. my tag says "NO RULES" either one works ...

<font color=blue> Muddynut</font color=blue>
<font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]'79 CJ7 "Issues"-304-35s</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #37 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 11:01 PM
Journeyman

Jersey Wheeler, A good name for your Jeep would be "Chameleon", because it's always changing.You could name it "Spy Hunter", never mind you fixed that. "Stuck Again" is also preety good.

Where's the Mud
post #38 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2000, 11:04 PM
Journeyman

I was nick-named MudMan by some people I wheeled with and it just seemed right to name the Jeep MudMan.

Where's the Mud
post #39 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2000, 01:43 AM

I have Hurcules as originally from the name of the tires it came with mixed in with a "U" typo. It stuck, it goes by "Hurc" usually, but at times when she gets a bit on the PMS side it is "Hurculina". Don't ask how Hurcules became female but he did. My buddy has a white 68' Jeepster known as "Zeus".

John
I have the SM465! The SM is for Slow Mover, and the 465 is the wieght in pounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode